Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Patriots are lucky!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1125)

clevestinks 07-13-2005 05:02 PM

Patriots are lucky!!!

I knew I would get some Pats fan going here!!! LOL
I just saw Troy Brown on the Jim Rome show. He is a class act, and Belichek says " Troy is the best team leader he has seen in 30 years in the NFL.
ThE Pats are LUCKY to keep him. Who wouldn`t want a team player like that. I believe we have something equal to that in Hines Ward, this is a must sign for us.
So like I said, The Pats are lucky, lucky to keep Troy.

This is probably not for the BF , sorry.

Mean Machine 07-14-2005 04:16 PM

Re: Patriots are lucky!!!

And cheap as hell! You noticed that they opened the flood gates with that Brady signing and now things aren't looking too good...

Seymour wants jack and they let all of those players go. Eventually, they are going to have to pay the loot!

bigbensgirl7 07-14-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
I knew I would get some Pats fan going here!!! LOL
I just saw Troy Brown on the Jim Rome show. He is a class act, and Belichek says " Troy is the best team leader he has seen in 30 years in the NFL.
ThE Pats are LUCKY to keep him. Who wouldn`t want a team player like that. I believe we have something equal to that in Hines Ward, this is a must sign for us.
So like I said, The Pats are lucky, lucky to keep Troy.

This is probably not for the BF , sorry.

Hahaha, you got me there Cleve...I was expecting some major smack talk!!! Anyways, I hope we are as LUCKY keeping Ward.

ironcitychef 07-14-2005 05:09 PM

I just don't see Trot laying it on both sides this year after getting left out in the off season the way he did. I think some NE players might think about it too with Seymour barking the way he is.

Dirtywater 07-14-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
I just don't see Trot laying it on both sides this year after getting left out in the off season the way he did. I think some NE players might think about it too with Seymour barking the way he is.

As if we're the only club this affects. Hello, Burress?

No better way to tell me we're that good than to wish more salary issues for us. :D

Livinginthe past 07-14-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Machine
And cheap as hell! You noticed that they opened the flood gates with that Brady signing and now things aren't looking too good...

Seymour wants jack and they let all of those players go. Eventually, they are going to have to pay the loot!

Sure its a hazard of winning the Big Prize every year - them players just want more and more.

Hell - id much rather go 15-1 then get blown out in the play offs - saves any inconvenient salary cap issues#

Regards

NM

clevestinks 07-14-2005 07:30 PM

I wouldn`t go that far. The more All-Pro the bigger the salaries. And we had plenty.

ironcitychef 07-15-2005 11:20 AM

We only asked Plax to play offense and he was only 2nd tier at that. You asked Troy to do everything and he over preformed. Don't think they are really the same thing. In fact I bet Randle El and Ward if and when they get extended will be glad we didn't waste money on Plax.

hardwork 07-15-2005 11:56 AM

"I just don't see Trot laying it on both sides this year after getting left out in the off season the way he did. I think some NE players might think about it too with Seymour barking the way he is."

You worry about the Steelers. They haven't won anything in 25 years. We'll worry about the Patriots.

ironcitychef 07-15-2005 12:10 PM

Alright then as a Pats fan, what is your take on asking Troy to do double duty, then leave him hanging come contract time? Who deserves the money more than Troy on your team?