Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OK - Why Has It All Come Apart (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11302)

Atlanta Dan 10-08-2006 10:41 PM

OK - Why Has It All Come Apart

Hard to see any silver lining here - this is currently not a good team.

Channeling Sheba, is it due to:

1. The QB hits his sophomore slump 1 year late;

2. Cowher retired 1 year too late; or

3. After all the near misses this team lost all motivaton after it finally won it all?

IMHO this season is over - the '76 Steelers made the playoffs after a 1-4 start but this is not the '76 Steelers

Man_Of_Steel 10-08-2006 10:53 PM

Re: OK - Why Has It All Come Apart

Big Ben is certainly not the same QB and it looks like it's going to take him a long time to get back into it.

Btrice 10-08-2006 11:00 PM

+Cowher continues to phone-in his coaching duties.
+Whisenhunt keeps calling low% plays in crucial situations.
+LeBeau inexplicably changes his defensive game in the middle of a game regardless of the fact that whatever he started with was working well.
+Ben is a wimp. He refuses to scramble and is making high school level mistakes.
+The O-line is missing blocks, which in the past was not a big deal, but since Ben forgot he has feet makes things exponentially worse.
+Willie Parker is continually run like a power back instead of using play actions to spread the D and send Parker around the outside in the other direction.
+IDIOTIC Trick plays.

Ambridge 10-08-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 159577)
Hard to see any silver lining here - this is currently not a good team.

Channeling Sheba, is it due to:

1. The QB hits his sophomore slump 1 year late;

2. Cowher retired 1 year too late; or

3. After all the near misses this team lost all motivaton after it finally won it all?

IMHO this season is over - the '76 Steelers made the playoffs after a 1-4 start but this is not the '76 Steelers

I tend to agree with #2 and #3.

Cowher has a far away-unmotivated look and the team is playing as his mirror image.
The Steelers are not going to the playoffs and they might be looking at a 8-8 season.

Atlanta Dan 10-08-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge (Post 159603)
I tend to agree with #2 and #3.

Cowher has a far away-unmotivated look and the team is playing as his mirror image.
The Steelers are not going to the playoffs and they might be looking at a 8-8 season.

8-8 assumes 7-5 from here on out - that is optimistic - I hate to see Cowher go out with a whimper but I am beginning to believe if this is his last year he should not have come back and retired after the SB - this team has been out of sync since the 1st preseason game.

SteelersHoss 10-08-2006 11:27 PM

Man, this is ridiculous. Everyone is all over them already. I will admit that they are in trouble, but come on. You people bashing Cohwer, and the whole team, were probably the same fans who claimed that they were the best in the world after they won the Superbowl and wanted them as the President of the United States. Which way to the Bandwagon???
Cut them some slack will ya. We are SteelerNation. We support them 100% win or Lose

clarient 10-08-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Btrice (Post 159599)
+IDIOTIC Trick plays.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU.

JP101 10-08-2006 11:40 PM

I am still with the Steelers. Im just scared right now because i mean...they just had a two week bye week, and they still couldnt pull this one off...
Lets really hope they turn it around

The_Professor 10-08-2006 11:46 PM

I think there are several reasons why we lost this game tonight

1 O-line play was bad, the whole 2nd half and esp. late in the game Ben had no time to throw and got sacked 5 times

2 The defense couldn't get a stop; Rivers picked them apart, that's a scary thought for the rest of the season.

Big Ben made several mistakes, but overall I was much encouraged by his play, he looked pretty good other than that bonehead throw on the flee flicker. The other interception was as much the o-lines fault as his, admittedly he shoulndt have thrown it but he had no time and was trying to make something happen.

I'm not saying the season is lost; if there is any team that can battle its way back throughout the season, its the Steelers. However, it is time to be very concerned about the problems with this team. We can't afford any more losses yet it's beginning to seem like we can't stop them from occuring.

Hamer 10-08-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersHoss (Post 159618)
Man, this is ridiculous. Everyone is all over them already. I will admit that they are in trouble, but come on. You people bashing Cohwer, and the whole team, were probably the same fans who claimed that they were the best in the world after they won the Superbowl and wanted them as the President of the United States. Which way to the Bandwagon???
Cut them some slack will ya. We are SteelerNation. We support them 100% win or Lose

Hear Hear. No team is as good as it seems or as bad. When you look at them, there's not a whole lot that separates this team from last years. The ball bounces this or that way - and a 1-3 team is easily 2-2 or 3-1. There's a LOT of football left to be played and I refuse to give up on the season after only 4 games. I just saw Ben on ESPN and at least he said the right things: "we're close... I'm not gonna point any fingers, I'm just gonna point a thumb, and that goes right back to me." He's no Peyton Manning! (and that's a good thing!)