Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bill's Already on Vacation (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11308)

Steelers 10-08-2006 11:26 PM

Bill's Already on Vacation

For a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve, he seemed pretty calm and unenthused both on the sidelines and during the press conference. On a side note: You can blame tonight's loss squarely on the o-line.

Elvis 10-09-2006 07:00 AM

Re: Bill's Already on Vacation

I agree about our O Line... I still love Bill, he is one of the best in the biz

HometownGal 10-09-2006 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers (Post 159616)
For a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve, he seemed pretty calm and unenthused both on the sidelines and during the press conference. On a side note: You can blame tonight's loss squarely on the o-line.

Personally, I think Cowher had more of a look of shock than anything else. I'm quite sure he let his emotions out in the locker room and it couldn't have been pretty.

You can't blame last night's loss squarely on one unit, Steelers. You win as a team and you lose as a team. The O played poorly in the second half, the D followed suit and STs was mediocre at best. It almost seemed like the Steelers became complacent with a 10-0 lead and the team left their mojo in the locker room at the half. The intensity was gone when they came back out onto the field and they got sloppy on both sides of the ball. These issues are very fixable and there's a lot of football left.

stlrtruck 10-09-2006 08:25 AM

As I've posted elsewhere this morning, I our DB's looked like Deers in the highlights!

Pull the cranium out of the posterior boys!! It's time to fire up on all cylinders or the defense of the Super Bowl will be short lived!!

Steelers 10-09-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 159692)
You can't blame last night's loss squarely on one unit, Steelers.

OK, maybe not squarely on the o-line's shoulders, but Ben NEVER had time. Like, at all... It looked like he was either bracing for a hit or running for his life on every single down.

You can't expect good results when the QB gets absolutely ZERO support.

j-dawg 10-09-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers (Post 159714)
OK, maybe not squarely on the o-line's shoulders, but Ben NEVER had time. Like, at all... It looked like he was either bracing for a hit or running for his life on every single down.

You can't expect good results when the QB gets absolutely ZERO support.

i know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

HometownGal 10-09-2006 08:45 AM

I agree in part, Steelers, but as in prior weeks, the O just isn't in sync with each other and the timing is off in the passing game. Ben and the WR corps look like strangers to each other and there doesn't seem to be a comfort or confidence level in the passing game right now. In last night game, throw in a very good Chargers D and it spells disaster. I really believe they can turn themselves around, including the OL, in the coming weeks, but it's going to take some fierce determination and a lot of hard work. The blame for last night's performance can't be attributed to one single player or unit - it has to be shared across the board, including the coaches.