Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers look at Boulware (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1131)

BB2W 07-14-2005 02:47 PM

Steelers look at Boulware

Former Ravens linebacker Peter Boulware worked out Thursday before four teams and tried to show his pass-rush skills haven't diminished.

Boulware With the Seahawks, Browns, Texans and Steelers watching, Boulware tried to show he still has explosiveness off the line of scrimmage. After turning down a $2 million proposal to stay in Baltimore, Boulware received his release from the club and has been talking to three teams -- the Seahawks, Browns and Steelers -- with hopes of landing a good contract.

Unsatisfied by the offer, Boulware wanted to show teams in a workout that injuries he'd suffered to a knee and a toe weren't a problem.

"We were surprised and pleased how well the workout went," said Boulware's agent, Roosevelt Barnes. "He looked really good. He showed a good burst in the pass rush drills. He really wants to have a good season and have a big season for sacks."

Those in attendance acknowledged Boulware hasn't lost much of his athletic skill. Now, he has to work on his conditioning and endurance.

Browns general manager Phil Savage was the highest ranked front office person in attendance.

clevestinks 07-14-2005 03:40 PM

Re: Steelers look at Boulware

i don`t see him here. I see the brownies signing him.

bigbensgirl7 07-14-2005 04:37 PM

I agree Cleve...not that I would mind seeing him wearing black and gold...I just don't see it happening. I believe the Browns will jump on him!

bengalsfan21 07-14-2005 05:02 PM

Raiders are in the hunt for him so if they really want him they will get him....Everyone knows Al Davis gets what he wants...

clevestinks 07-14-2005 05:15 PM

Plus I don`t think we have the money to spend. We have needs that the money would be spent more wisely on. Uh how about Hines Ward!

bengalsfan21 07-14-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Plus I don`t think we have the money to spend. We have needs that the money would be spent more wisely on. Uh how about Hines Ward!

True you guys shouldn't expect any FA signings for this season...

clevestinks 07-14-2005 06:09 PM

Nobody expensive anyway.

bengalsfan21 07-14-2005 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Nobody expensive anyway.

But only the expensive ones are the good ones....90% of the time

Prosdo 07-14-2005 11:18 PM

I agree I don't see him coming here either. Hines Ward is the top priority.

Steelersfan 07-14-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
But only the expensive ones are the good ones....90% of the time

You don't need to spend a ton of money to fill your teams holes. It's more about getting the best bang for the buck! The steelers don't need to spend $. They just need a few backup jobs covered.