Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Polamalu...NEEDS TO WRAP UP!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11329)

klick81 10-09-2006 03:01 PM

Polamalu...NEEDS TO WRAP UP!!!

Seriously man...we all love the guy, but his little shoulder pushing ain't cutting it. He missed some key tackles last night that could have been made if he used his arms to wrap up. Why is that so hard for him to do?

PisnNapalm 10-09-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Polamalu...NEEDS TO WRAP UP!!!

He's missed several key tackles every game. He's still flying to the play but not finishing like before.

Anyone know why? Is the shoulder still hurting him?

steelfan 92 10-09-2006 03:30 PM

gentlemen, he is not 100% healthy yet, he may not be all year. he has the harness on the shoulder it only allows you to bring up your arm so far. at least he is not hesitant any more. he will be fine he will make the plays.

19ward86 10-09-2006 05:16 PM

CHRIS HOPE! where are you? bad tackling probably happened last year also but chris hope was there to back polamalu up. our defense was in check last night but after the half we stopped BLITZING, i never thought i would say that. i dont know if you guys noticed but we put almost no pressure on rivers in the second half. instead of zone-blitzing we just did a weak zone.

Ambridge 10-09-2006 05:23 PM

Yep!! Sad to say that at times during the season Troy has looked like he was back in his rookie season when he was over pursueing to the ball and missing tackles left and right.

Texasfan 10-09-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge (Post 159909)
Yep!! Sad to say that at times during the season Troy has looked like he was back in his rookie season when he was over pursueing to the ball and missing tackles left and right.

He's probably trying to compensate for his injured shoulder

NV STEELERS 723 10-09-2006 07:28 PM

Inoticed the same thing about Troy last night....he's flyin, but not wrapping people up...he's not %100

Mosca 10-09-2006 07:34 PM

Thing is, if we see it, it must be blindingly obvious to opposition coaches, and it will definitely be accounted for when they draw up their game plan.

Polamalu is a great player at 100%, but he's not so great at 60%.

Tom

BigBensBikeHelmet 10-10-2006 12:26 AM

A hair cut is what he needs. he looks like a $2 pittsburgh hooker with that nasty mop top.

holmes 10-10-2006 12:28 AM

19ward86 hit the nail right on the head. When Chris Hope and Troy were back there, they complimented each other like peanut butter and jelly. They had good chemistry together. I think Chris made Troy even better than what he was. These new guys back there with Troy will have to learn to play more like Chris Hope. In the last two weeks, he has had I believe 2 ints. We miss him back there.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :helmet: