Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Where is Hines Ward? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11334)

Texasfan 10-09-2006 06:21 PM

Where is Hines Ward?

He has been a non factor this whole season!

Black@Gold Forever32 10-09-2006 06:24 PM

Re: Where is Hines Ward?

Well lets see Hines Ward got his big pay, ring and Super Bowl MVP all last year. To me he seems he is content at his age and seems to have lost some of his passion for the game.

Texasfan 10-09-2006 06:24 PM

I have yet to see him smiling this year. I think that the whole team misses Jerome.

Dook 10-09-2006 06:33 PM

Hines has a sore hamstring and it's going to bother him all season. When you overextend your leg your hamstring retracts like a rubber band then you have to stretch it back out.

It takes a long time, 6mo to a year, to get it back to normal and it hurts like hell each time you stretch it.

steelfan 92 10-10-2006 12:20 PM

i love hines, yeah he has an injury, but he needs to step up. be the guy ben goes to on 3rd down. i don't think he's lost his passion. he will be smiling this weekend, when he scores twice.

SteelerFanInCA 10-10-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 (Post 159931)
Well lets see Hines Ward got his big pay, ring and Super Bowl MVP all last year. To me he seems he is content at his age and seems to have lost some of his passion for the game.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe he is being triple teamed by defenders? He actually is. I was at the game Sunday night and Hines constantly had 2 to 3 defenders on him at once. It just makes it a little tougher to find the holes and get open.

Atlanta Dan 10-10-2006 01:29 PM

Hines has gone from having Plax and ARE as co-receivers to now running out with the immortal Cedrick Wilson and Santonio Holmes.

Cowher clearly has lost patience with Wilson and I am uncertain if Holmes is ready to start.

Combine that with Whiz turning into Mularkey version 2006 and not being willing to wait on developing the running game and Hines is going to be getting tight coverage because the Steelers do not appear to be facing many 8 in the box defenses these days.

This collapse has been a team effort, but as a presumably respected team leader Hines needs to step it up. Bettis often came up big while hurt and Hines needs to do the same.