Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Steeler's theme menu ideas (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11382)

DubCBirdman 10-12-2006 10:55 AM

Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
My family and I are die hard football fans. When we're not visiting the different stadiums around the NFL, we're gathering around the big screen watching all the games. (Thank you NFL sunday ticket). Anyway, every week my wife prepares a theme meal from a different city. This week we're doing Pittsburgh, but since we haven't been there yet, we would appreciate ideas for the menu. Thanks in advance for all your help.

ARKIESTEEL 10-12-2006 11:04 AM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
When I went there all they served me was beer:dang:

floodcitygirl 10-12-2006 01:40 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DubCBirdman (Post 160467)
My family and I are die hard football fans. When we're not visiting the different stadiums around the NFL, we're gathering around the big screen watching all the games. (Thank you NFL sunday ticket). Anyway, every week my wife prepares a theme meal from a different city. This week we're doing Pittsburgh, but since we haven't been there yet, we would appreciate ideas for the menu. Thanks in advance for all your help.

How about a Pittsburgh Steak Salad....yum! Just whatever you like in a salad, then add sliced beef and seasoned french fries. Tastes great with Italian or my fav blue cheese dressing. :cheers:

SteelersHoss 10-12-2006 04:58 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Do the Primani Bros sandwich thing. The itilian bread, cooked meat with cheese, then fries then, colelsaw(cabbage salad. Soo good, i could go for one now, except i am 5 hours away from getting one. Man, i could use one right now.

Stlrs4Life 10-12-2006 06:47 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DubCBirdman (Post 160467)
My family and I are die hard football fans. When we're not visiting the different stadiums around the NFL, we're gathering around the big screen watching all the games. (Thank you NFL sunday ticket). Anyway, every week my wife prepares a theme meal from a different city. This week we're doing Pittsburgh, but since we haven't been there yet, we would appreciate ideas for the menu. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Pierogies, Kielbasi are a great Pittsburgh tradition. Also, Isalys Chip Chopped Ham.

floodcitygirl 10-12-2006 08:17 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 160640)
Pierogies, Kielbasi are a great Pittsburgh tradition. Also, Isalys Chip Chopped Ham.

Ok Dom.....yummy! But if you're going that route, how about some cabbage rolls to go with that??? :yummy:

Stlrs4Life 10-12-2006 08:58 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by floodcitygirl (Post 160656)
Ok Dom.....yummy! But if you're going that route, how about some cabbage rolls to go with that??? :yummy:



When is supper ready floodcity? LOL.

floodcitygirl 10-12-2006 09:12 PM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 160667)
When is supper ready floodcity? LOL.

Hey! If you're gonna make your way to Cincy....no worries! It'll be done when you get here! How about some halushki to go with that???? Oh....and I'll make sure to pick up another botlle of cherry Schnapps too! :wink02: :cheers:

Stlrs4Life 10-15-2006 12:48 AM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
With candle light?

floodcitygirl 10-15-2006 01:10 AM

Re: Steeler's theme menu ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 161159)
With candle light?

Somehow I don't think that candlelight was what he had in mind when trying to figure out a menu for game day but Dom, if you make it to Cincy for a tailgate, I'll make it happen for ya! (lol)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum