Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Did You Become A Steeler Fan (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1141)

Lyn 07-15-2005 11:25 AM

How Did You Become A Steeler Fan

I got married to a football fanatic who watched football every Sunday (the Steelers). he drove me nuts with that flippin football on tv all the time. We had 2 small kids and our son was also getting hooked on it. It was daddy and son's thing. My daughtr and I used to go shopping to get away. Then one Wednesday my husband and I had a "talk" and I convinced him that he was spending too much time on the football thing and our son was beliving football was life, etc, etc, etc, etc God I hated football. The next Sunday afternoon we all got into the car, my husband and I had decided that we would spend time with the kids, go out to dinner, pick berries just some nice all around family thing that we all couild enjoy. About 5 miles down the road on comes the dang radio and yes ..............FOOTBALL! i WAS SO ANGRY I SCREAMED TURN THIS DAMN CAR AROUND AND TAKE ME HOME! We had a huge fight! When we got home, the tv came on to some dang Steeler game and our son and daughter were sitting on the floor. My son said, "Missy do you want the Steelers to be your team?" And she said, "Yes I do!" Ratfink turned on me!

I really got to thinking that afternoon, my husband worked 6 days a week and spent Sundays with his family, so I got to thinking football must not be all that bad. I asked my husband (that day) if he would teach me about football. He had his work cut out for him because I didn't know a goal post from a first down. My husband does not like going to a game he says the potty lines at home are much shorter, he has the best seat in the house and the beer is colder. So, my son and I go to many of the games together. We have a ball and noone loves Steeler football more than I do!

pitt 07-15-2005 11:42 AM

Re: How Did You Become A Steeler Fan

I think I was born a Steeler fan. I can't rememebr a time I wasn't one. My husband and kids make fun of me all the time, because I refuse to make any kind of fall plans before I check out the football schedule.

ironcitychef 07-15-2005 12:00 PM

Born one. Born and raised in the 'burgh. Two rules growing up were be home by the time the street lights came on, and root for the Steelers on gameday.

Blitzburgh55 07-15-2005 12:16 PM

I was born i steelers fan even i lived in phila all my life my dad was from pitt and my mom grew up a steelers fan

Prosdo 07-15-2005 03:16 PM

I am like Chef. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's passion for the team kind of grabs a hold of you. Been a Steelers fan ever since.

LambertIsGod58 07-15-2005 04:25 PM

I came out of the womb a Steelers fan....Not sure how or why....Neither parents were. Dad into to football but nothing crazy.

clevestinks 07-15-2005 06:57 PM

Bled Black and Gold since birth. Everyday I have to thank my parents for bringing me into this world and raising me a Steelers fan. I am internally grateful. I was born in P.A. south east of Pittsburgh. I get chills walking into Heinz field, when our fans start"here we go Steeler" I have goose bumps and a lump in my throat. This is what being a fan is. Wouldn`t have it any other way.

Stlrs4Life 07-15-2005 10:56 PM

Born a Steelers Fan.

bengalsfan21 07-16-2005 02:35 AM

Never became one, I guess the man upstairs was watching out for me.... :D

clevestinks 07-16-2005 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Never became one, I guess the man upstairs was watching out for me.... :D

You are a Steelers fan, your just afraid to admit it in front of your uncle. LOL