Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Value of Autographed Rod Woodson Jersey (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11544)

tsadowski 10-17-2006 07:38 PM

Value of Autographed Rod Woodson Jersey

Hey Steeler Fans,
I have owned a framed and autographed Rod Woodson jersey for several years. I've been transporting it around the country as I've moved and I no longer have a place to keep it. It seems a shame to keep it in storage when another fan could enjoy it.
What is something like this worth? WHat's the best way to sell it? SHould I wait til 2009 when Woodson gets elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame? He's a lock for a first round ballot selection, don't you think?
P.S. I am not a dealer in any way, shape or form. I won the jersey in a contest back in the mid 1990's.
Many thanks Steeler Nation
Terry Sadowski
Austin, TX

STEELCRTN4EVER 10-25-2006 07:53 AM

Re: Value of Autographed Rod Woodson Jersey

The best way is to sell it to me!! Email me, I would love a chance at that jersey.

1fastprototype 10-28-2006 12:35 AM

I am a diehard fan and have an entire room of signed jerseys in glass and would love to add this to my collection that would go right next to Greg Lyod's. Please send me a price. I paid 325 for Lyod, 400 for Lambert, 400 for Bradshaw, 300 for Bettis just to give you a market value.

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-28-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsadowski (Post 162642)
Hey Steeler Fans,
I have owned a framed and autographed Rod Woodson jersey for several years. I've been transporting it around the country as I've moved and I no longer have a place to keep it. It seems a shame to keep it in storage when another fan could enjoy it.
What is something like this worth? WHat's the best way to sell it? SHould I wait til 2009 when Woodson gets elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame? He's a lock for a first round ballot selection, don't you think?
P.S. I am not a dealer in any way, shape or form. I won the jersey in a contest back in the mid 1990's.
Many thanks Steeler Nation
Terry Sadowski
Austin, TX

Dude...as much as I would love to have it...keep the jersey...one day it will be like having a signed Jack lambert or Franco Harris Jersey....If you really dont have room for it...give it as a gift to someone you love who is a huge steelers fan. If you sell it The money will be spent...the jersey (or the memory of giving to to someone who will treasure it) is forever.

In Cowher We Trust 01-07-2007 10:52 AM

wait till he gets in the hall of fame

LambertIsGod58 01-07-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 167121)
Dude...as much as I would love to have it...keep the jersey...one day it will be like having a signed Jack lambert or Franco Harris Jersey....If you really dont have room for it...give it as a gift to someone you love who is a huge steelers fan. If you sell it The money will be spent...the jersey (or the memory of giving to to someone who will treasure it) is forever.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 01-07-2007 12:04 PM

Let it in your storage space as long as you have too..........Eventually you will have a great spot for it.............Do not sell it.........you will relgret it with that "spot" appears one day

LambertIsGod58 01-07-2007 12:06 PM

Also given the fact that it's framed should bring me additional coin if you decide to sell. I'd say if it's not game worn, it should get about $500-$700 framed.

fordfan485 10-23-2008 10:50 PM

This might be a stupid question since I don't know your situation but if you don't have room for it in storage, why not just hang it on a wall in your house/apt so that it does not have to be in storage in a closet,attic, etc...

steelerstrade 10-23-2008 10:55 PM

or it could be traded for a new Steelers item even...im just saying (read below)...