Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Whos gonna say we don't need a BIG BACK (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11859)

kyflash15 10-29-2006 07:47 PM

Whos gonna say we don't need a BIG BACK

We had a chance to tie the game, being 1st and goal on the 1 yrd line... but of course we couldn't get in. We are the steelers... we missed 3rd and 1's and then the 1st and goal ... we need Michael Bush or someone who can put it in!

SteelersFreak 10-29-2006 07:49 PM

Re: Whos gonna say we don't need a BIG BACK

Well, Najeh Davenport is considered a "big" back, and he lost 4 yards on 2nd and goal at the 1.

58ForLife 10-29-2006 07:53 PM

Definitely missed the Bus today, no doubt about it!!!

Mean Machine 10-29-2006 07:53 PM

It's the OL for the most part...Yes, WP isn't starting RB material either and Davenport isn't the answer...We need to go into the draft and get 2 RBs, Brian Leonard of Rutgers and Tony Hunt of Penn State or any of the other bigger RBs...Heck maybe we get even get the one kid who got hurt at Louisville Michael Bush...Wille isn't the answer for this team...He's a good #2 change of pace RB but he isn't starting material...

MACH1 10-29-2006 07:54 PM

We need a Rb that cant be arm tackled.

CantStop85 10-29-2006 07:57 PM

Dare I mention Adrian Peterson?

kyflash15 10-29-2006 07:57 PM

I know thats what i'm syaing... i mean i love willie.. but we are the steelers... we are having to get away from our game...we need two great backs to just keep running it and get the defense tired, that will help big ben too!

MACH1 10-29-2006 08:00 PM

Willie's good but just cant bust alot of tackles.

And the bungles still suck.

shevdog 10-29-2006 08:23 PM

I was one that wasn't seeing this as a rebuilding year, yet that's what it is. A lot of young players that need development. All that aside, we need to build that power running game back up. Right now I really do not know if Davenport will develop into that role? We'll find out. In the mean time the Steelers need to keep searching. We've always seemed to get power backs, so its just a matter of time that one falls into place.

MACH1 10-29-2006 08:27 PM

Could try getting towel boy in there?? Make him earn some of that money.:huh: