Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will We Win All Our Preseason Games? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1188)

Lyn 07-20-2005 03:07 PM

Will We Win All Our Preseason Games?

Although it really doesn't matter if we win or lose, how do you think we will do?

RoethlisBURGHer 07-20-2005 03:40 PM

Re: Will We Win All Our Preseason Games?

Don't care...I am sure we'll lose one game.Probally to the Eagles seeing how they are our first game and in that game the 3rd stringers get the most playing time.

bigbensgirl7 07-20-2005 04:37 PM

I dont' pay attention to Ws and Ls in preseason...I'm am more concerned with seeing our depth and rookies play for the first time and not to mention, seeing who is going to win some of the position battles.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-20-2005 05:40 PM

If we can be competitive during the preseason games, thats a big key. As far as the starters go, if they can move the ball, get some first downs, get a big play or 2, and stay healthy, thats all I care about. There's so many 2nd and 3rd string players in and out in the preseason that all you are looking for is who is playing hard, making big plays, doesnt make mistakes, and who wants it bad enough.

BengalBrian 07-20-2005 07:39 PM

Usually it doesnt matter.. The coach rarely plays to win.. (except when the pats kept their first string in for 3 quarters against us last season even though 1st string was out in the 2nd quarter and they still got stuffed :sorry I had to mention it :))

Its an opportunity to make needed adjustments to your team before the season begins.. Get everyone warmed up as well..

STEELERDYNASTY 07-21-2005 09:39 AM

no injuries please......thats all I care about.....pre-season record means nothing.....winning is always nice though

SteelerFanInATL 07-21-2005 11:02 PM

I can deal with a loss in preseason as long as the young/new guys are looking good and making plays. That is who preseason is for. You can tell if someone has it or if they do not. The first time I saw Tommy Maddox in a preseason game I told my son that Stewart better look out because Maddox looks good if did not perform. The rest is history. We all know what happened after that. I agree with STEELERDYNASTY, a win is always nice.

stillers4strife 07-22-2005 10:14 AM

Can't remember the stat line but there was something about teams who went 0-4 in the preseason almost never making the playoffs. Wish I could remember the exact stats and percentages.

2-2 sounds like a realistic result...although, I wouldn't mind the NFL taking the preseason down to 2 games; possibly 3. Injuries are a concern and by the final preseason game, I'm not really that interested anymore.

clevestinks 07-22-2005 05:30 PM

All that really matters is that we stay healthy, and we play well when the starters are in. Thats what matters most!

To answer your question though, NO, Cowher will not play to win, he will try and win, but won`t play to win.