Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should the Steelers change their uniforms (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1190)

BlitzburghRockCity 07-20-2005 11:43 PM

Should the Steelers change their uniforms

In recent history many teams have drastically or minimally changed their uniforms...the Steelers did so, in a subtle fasion, but only the style of numbers and putting the logo on the left chest of the uniforms.

Personally I dont ever see them changing them to something more modern, atleast not as long as the Rooney's own the team. We are too trenched in tradition to do that.

Would you be in favor of new uniforms? Same colors or new? Drastic change or just subtle?

BB2W 07-20-2005 11:54 PM

Re: Should the Steelers change their uniforms

I want them to keep them the way they are, to much history. I like the colors, and I love the logo one one side of the helmet only. I used to think the "number change" sucked, but now when I see Lloyd or Woodson with the big numbers it looks old and weird. I like them just the way they are.

Some think Penn State is due for a uniform change, but I like it the way they are. I love the plain look.....

Livinginthe past 07-21-2005 04:25 AM

I think you would be mad to change your uniforms colour scheme. It is a powerful looking combination for some reason.
Maybe you could have a pop legend on the side of your helmet tho - Elvis seems to have worked well for us.

ITS PIG SKIN BABY!

NM

VaDave 07-21-2005 05:32 AM

I'm still not into the new numbers. The most rediculous uniforms were the ones that they had in the 60s with the gold triangle over the shoulder pads comming to a peak just below, mid chect.

Prosdo 07-21-2005 07:20 AM

I say keep the uniforms the way they are. They have a clean look to them. I don't see the Rooney's changing them anytime soon.

STEELERDYNASTY 07-21-2005 09:37 AM

bring back the block letters......and LEAVE THEM ALONE!

maybe....maybe bring in an ALT. jersey

pitt 07-21-2005 10:30 AM

No Changes !!

LambertIsGod58 07-21-2005 11:46 AM

I think they should be exactly like they had in the 70's....The block letters were much better. And the stripes were down near the elbow.

VaDave 07-21-2005 11:53 AM

The players today don't want real long sleeves, especially the offensive players. It's a handy place to grab. They also might lose their UnderAmour endorsment. You may want to look at the old steeler pictures from back in the 70s. A lot of the lineman had theirs altered to the same length we have to day.

Bamataco1 07-21-2005 01:04 PM

It depends,if they lose another AFC championship game at home I think they ought to get pink tights and toto's.