Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Tony Hunt (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12012)

kyflash15 11-03-2006 10:02 AM

Tony Hunt

I don't know much about this guy, but i saw him in someones mock draft, and looking at 6-2 230lbs... he seems like he could be a good pick for us. Can anyone tell me about him, how is he at breaking tackles and how fast is he...

clevestinks 11-03-2006 10:52 AM

Re: Tony Hunt

I like Tony Hunt, but most Penn State running backs fail at the next level? Although Franco and LJ have doen well. But the list fo failers is to long to list. Just wondering if they are the "products of the system"

Buzz05 11-03-2006 10:53 AM

Tony Hunt is an LJ type runner. Although with a new O-line at Penn State he wont be able to put up those numbers. He is a hard inside runner with speed for the outside. He is good on screen plays and can break one every now and then for long runs. Personally I think he is underrated due to a young O-line that has had trouble opening holes for him. But the fact he is still gaining the yards is proof he is an NFL caliber back. But then again I am biased because I love Penn State.

steel#1 11-03-2006 09:44 PM

Penn State has struggled this year with a new QB so people have been focusing on Hunt. Even with them keying on him he still produces. They have also had trouble with the O-line and he still produces. I think he would be a very good fit working with Parker. He's a good inside runner, his legs always keep churning.

SteelCityMan786 11-03-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel#1 (Post 170771)
Penn State has struggled this year with a new QB so people have been focusing on Hunt. Even with them keying on him he still produces. They have also had trouble with the O-line and he still produces. I think he would be a very good fit working with Parker. He's a good inside runner, his legs always keep churning.

They've been good, just not as good as some may have expected with a new QB. Tony Hunt is one of the main reasons Penn State is at 6-3 on the season. The O-Line's BIG problem is that all but Levi has not started yet. Tony definantly would fit in well with the Steelers. He could be another Bus Load.

momper 11-04-2006 02:58 AM

I would love to see Tony Hunt play for the steelers. He is a great player, and an amazing person. I have seen him on campus numerous times and he always stops to take pictures with people, sign autographs, or just talk for a while.