Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2007 Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12017)

steel58 11-03-2006 03:55 PM

2007 Draft

Let's say the Steelers end the season in the same horrendous way they have played thus far. Under those circumstances, who or what position should we take with a top 5 draft pick?

Livinginthe past 11-03-2006 04:08 PM

Re: 2007 Draft

I reckon 95% of those surveyed will pick a 'power running back'.

Although I may have just influenced the results by predicting that.

NM

Atlanta Dan 11-03-2006 04:23 PM

OLB (assuming the new coach stays with the 3-4) although that is tough to predict since you usually are converting a college DE. Plan B is an OL tackle.

A new HC will not be committed to a return to the Foster/Bam/Bettis power game and will not spend a 1st round pick on a quality big RB. Pats and Colts seem to be doing just fine without one.

steelcurtain09 11-03-2006 04:27 PM

CB
need i say ne more
in the second round ol
3rd power back

sumo 11-03-2006 05:31 PM

I say we go after the top DB in the draft

Jeremy 11-03-2006 06:06 PM

If we happen to draft in the Top 5, anybody but Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin would disspoint me. The guy is a true franchise offensive lineman who will go to 12 straight Pro Bowls and anchor the line for a decade.

Black@Gold Forever32 11-03-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 170732)
If we happen to draft in the Top 5, anybody but Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin would disspoint me. The guy is a true franchise offensive lineman who will go to 12 straight Pro Bowls and anchor the line for a decade.

I agree with you bigtime about Joe Thomas. That kid is a stud. I live in Big 10 country so I get to see alot of Joe Thomas the past few years. With the way Max Starks has been so inconsistent throughout his career. I would say Joe Thomas would be a very smart pick.

Jeremy 11-03-2006 06:13 PM

Lineman like Thomas come along once every 5-6 years. The kid is so athletic it's amazing. He moves like a defensive back even though he's a big boy.

Of course we'd all be too busy complaining about our terrible season to notice the chance to secure the best offensive lineman to come out of college since Chris Samuel came out of Alabama.

Black@Gold Forever32 11-03-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 170735)
Lineman like Thomas come along once every 5-6 years. The kid is so athletic it's amazing. He moves like a defensive back even though he's a big boy.

Of course we'd all be too busy complaining about our terrible season to notice the chance to secure the best offensive lineman to come out of college since Chris Samuel came out of Alabama.

Well thats the only good thing about having a terrible season is that at the end of year you do get a a top pick in the draft. I'm all for the drafting of Joe Thomas if indeed the Steelers do end up getting a top five pick. I would like for the Steelers to draft a Richard Seymour type DE. But its so hard to find one of those.

Atlanta Dan 11-03-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 170735)

And we all all know Chris Samuel has been a lock at All-Pro since he was drafted :smile:

That is not to criticize your suggestion - Thomas may be great but the closest pick to a sure pick in the last 10 years at OL was Boselli (or Gallery from Iowa - not!) and Boselli's shoulder problems effectively rendered him useles after a half dozen years in the league.

My point is that the draft is a crap shoot (e.g. - Ryan Leaf was generally regarded as teh consensus smart pick over Peyton)