Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Suprise Player (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1278)

SteelerFanInATL 07-29-2005 07:39 PM

Suprise Player

What player will suprise us this year in camp???

BB2W 07-29-2005 10:52 PM

Re: Suprise Player

Maybe McFadden, but I have to go with the two guys that suprised us last year....Zamir Cobb or Dedrick Roper. I am leaning towards Roper, he was a beast last year, and his athletic ability is second to none. I hope he makes the team!

Another player to watch is Vontez Duff....

stillers4strife 07-29-2005 10:57 PM

With the LB depth, you have to hope a guy like Roper or one of the other UDFA's like Frazier can secure a roster spot. Wish we had been able to hang on to Nick McNeil (UDFA from 2004) as he had a great NFLE season and has a good chance to make it with Green Bay.

It'd be nice if Wallace could provide a spark at the ILB position.

Prosdo 07-29-2005 11:05 PM

I'm going to go with Zamir Cobb. I just think this guy is going to show that spark.

stillers4strife 07-29-2005 11:11 PM

Maybe Nate Washington could be Zamir Cobb II?

BlitzburghRockCity 07-30-2005 12:07 AM

Alot of us are banking on Cobb picking up where he left off before he got hurt early last year. He's got potentail. I also like Roper, he was this close last season to be a on the 53 man roster.

Not that it should be a surprise, but I think randle el is going to come out and show everybody what he's made of this year. There's alot of talk about him needing to step up his game to the next level and I think he'll respond.

Prosdo 07-30-2005 12:16 AM

Good point Blitz. I think you're right. Randle El could very well come and step his game up.

ironcitychef 07-30-2005 01:47 AM

I want to say Simmons just cause he will be healthy all year and contribute the whole time. But, I'll go with Wilson cause he's the most unknown coming from a warped system on the other coast and could get the most chances at production with a possible Ward holdout. Could be EL too, but we kinda know what he brings to the table already.

Avoid LLoyd1975 07-30-2005 12:47 PM

Hines Ward, he is not going to show.

SteelerSal 07-30-2005 05:59 PM

I think James Harrison could take a starting job this season.I'm watching a taped game right now of US against the Ratbirds,from last season,and Harrison started that game and he was an animal!
Also I think Cobb will shine,and give us depth at WR.