Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Power Back or Defensive Back? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12860)

Elvis 11-30-2006 01:40 PM

Power Back or Defensive Back?

:tt02: :helmet:
If you were our Organization and you had a choice... Which would you pick.. a Power RB to replace Parker and then use Parker as a change of pace and get more yardage from him after the Power Guy wears them down... OR A young upcoming Shut down corner to help our defense that it has not had since Rod Woodson days....
The Running game would help us a whole lot and it would keep the ball out of the other teams possession thus helping our defense but our Secondary needs help very badly right now and this corner would help imensely...
So, which will it be guys/gals... lets hear your opinions...
I GO RB on my choice... But I am not sure who this would be...:coffee: :wave:

Steel12 11-30-2006 01:48 PM

Re: Power Back or Defensive Back?

Defensive back by far. Willie is fine but our secondary is HORRIBLE!

SteelShooter 11-30-2006 06:54 PM

:stupid: I'm down with that!!!! :iagree:

jtdapit 11-30-2006 08:45 PM

Yeah dude, DB all the way. I mean Najeah Davenport is becoming an asset to our running game. He knows how to run thourgh guys. And willie knows how to avoid them. I think we're set there. But our DBs.... just not the same. Definitley need someone to come in. And not a rookie. One with great experience. Agree?

lilyoder6 12-01-2006 10:18 AM

yea.. i think ike taylor is having a bad yr.. but townsend is getting old and we're goin to need a new corner.. hopefully some one pops up in free agency. and then we can draft a tall ass receiver so he can get the jump balls.. maybe jeff s. from notre dame.. i think we are goin to have to get some ppl on def to take over soon...

Preacher 12-01-2006 06:38 PM

DB.. Period.

Hoff 12-05-2006 08:17 PM

Some idiot told me we should draft a quarterback in the first round. XD

I think the reason our secondary has been so bad is due to Troy being out, so I think we should go for a big bruiser at running back. Or we could trade for Brandon Jacobs from the Giants. I'm not sure what we'd trade for him without losing a key person.

Dook 12-10-2006 11:46 AM

I don't like the question.

Just because you get a power back doesn't mean you replace Parker. Also there is no such thing as a shutdown corner and there never has been. What CB has never had a pass completed on them?

I'll take a new young power RB to develop for the future. I like Najeh as a #2 but I wouldn't want to have to go into the playoffs with him as our starter (if Willie was hurt).

Our CB's are not as bad as everyone thinks, they're just asked to play 15 yards off WR's so they don't get beat deep. This way the safety (Troy) can sneak up and blitz or make offenses "think" he is going to blitz.

We're just not getting enough pressure on opposing QB's. In our system the pressure comes from LB and CB's blitzing. Teams have been picking it up and calling quick pass plays to beat it. This year the problem is more the system than the players.

This great shutdown CB you all want? Umm, who is he? Are you going to clone Champ Bailey when he was in his prime? Otherwise, he doesn't exist.

Dook 12-10-2006 11:52 AM

Anyone remember Michael Huff and Donte Whitner, the best two safeties in last years draft?

Check out their numbers at NFL.com. Huff is barely on the board. Whitner is better, he's in the top 15.

polamalufan43 12-10-2006 05:01 PM

I think we should wait until the season is over before we even consider anything. Right now, I'm leaning alittle toward a DB, but that could change

~Polamalufan43:tt02: