Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   End Zone at Heinz Field (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1289)

LambertIsGod58 07-30-2005 04:07 PM

End Zone at Heinz Field

Just wanted everyones input about the end zones...I think they are very boring. All green grass with white stripes and one just saying Steelers in black with yellow border. Remember Three Rivers with the all yellow end zones? I think we should bring em' back. They look more like a college or high school field.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-30-2005 04:52 PM

Re: End Zone at Heinz Field

The only problem is/ its alot harder to paint over and over on the grass field, than it is to stick an insert in on astro turf.

I agree, I'd like to see them spice it up. Big Steelers logo right on the 50 yd line, and Pittsburgh on one, and Steelers, in the other endzone.

BB2W 07-30-2005 05:54 PM

The only end-zone that is painted says Pittsburgh.....they don't put "Steelers" down because Pittsburgh University plays there too. That was part of the agreement when the city granted them permission to build a new stadium. That is also why there is nothing at mid-feild.

LambertIsGod58 07-30-2005 06:02 PM

Ben, you new sig is really sweet!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 07-30-2005 10:09 PM

Yeah I know, what is another thing I put a thread about some time ago...I know the Rooney's are very commited to the panters and the community, but its the Rooneys who are shelling out the money for the upkeep of the stadium and put the bulk of the money into it. Heinz is going to age before its time w/ all the abuse it takes year in and year out w/ all the games being played there.

I say,put the Steelers logo in the middle of field..but thats just me.

Prosdo 07-30-2005 10:24 PM

I agree. I would like if the Panthers found somewhere else to play. It would be nice to see a big Steelers symbol at the middle of the field. I would also like to see a little something more in the end zones.

ironcitychef 07-31-2005 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prosdo
I would also like to see a little something more in the end zones.

Suggestion for this year: Bettis, Staley, Ward, Randle El, and Miller.

Works for me

Prosdo 07-31-2005 12:46 AM

lol Nice. Yeah I wouldn't mind that either.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-31-2005 12:48 AM

How bout the Steelers Fever logo in one end zone!

Prosdo 07-31-2005 12:50 AM

Now that would be nice and I'm sure Mike wouldn't mind lol