Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Day In Bengaldom (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13346)

floodcitygirl 12-17-2006 09:16 PM

A Day In Bengaldom

I thought I'd share a slice of life here in Cincy. Today as I was on my way to watch the game I came across 3 Bengal fans....adult men. They started giving me a "good natured" hard time about being a Steeler fan and how poorly my team is doing this year. I assured them that it was just a temporary setback and that I comfort myself with our 5 Lombardi's....that they shouldn't be too jealous as it can do ugly things to people. The response.......what's a Lombardi????? :jawdrop: When I realized that he wasn't kidding, I said "Yeah....that's what the Bengals haven't figured out yet either!!!" :toofunny:

After the game I was at a checkout counter in a local store. The salesperson asked about the button I was wearing on my jacket. It's a Polomalu button with a "tail" on it that is supposed to look like his hair. She asked if it was real. I just smiled assuming that she was kidding. She said "It is? How did you get it? How cool! That must have cost alot! Wow...you must be a real fan! Can I touch it?" She was deadpan serious! Stillers, who was with me, told her about the game where Troy got pulled down by the hair and I just said how amazing it is what you can get on EBay!!!! She was in awe. The guy in line in front of us literally rolled into the parking lot laughing! :grin:

stillers4me 12-17-2006 09:43 PM

Re: A Day In Bengaldom

Now what would make you think that anyone in Sissynati but us Steeler fans would actually know what a Lombardi is???? :toofunny:

I laughed all over again telling hubby about that checkout girl........... :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life 12-17-2006 09:55 PM

Glad yas had a good time, wish yas would have kicked those 2 adult men in the you know where.

floodcitygirl 12-17-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 190729)
Glad yas had a good time, wish yas would have kicked those 2 adult men in the you know where.

Nahhh! You just have to pity guys like that. I actually walked away laughing!!! :sofunny:

klick81 12-17-2006 10:06 PM

Wow...they didn't know what a Lombardi is? I guess we shouldn't be surprised but...come on!

HometownGal 12-17-2006 11:12 PM

LMAO!!! :toofunny: Betcha if you would've asked them what a shank and three hots and a cot are, their antennas would have gone up. :point:

X-Terminator 12-17-2006 11:39 PM

:toofunny: :sofunny:

The next time some jabroni Bungles fan gets on here and runs his mouth, we should point them to this thread and Flood's post as a shining example of the bandwagon that is "Bengal Nation" :toofunny: :toofunny:

Preacher 12-18-2006 12:21 AM

Sadly, I have spent enough time driving through cincy that I COMPLETELY beleive it.

tony hipchest 12-18-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 190745)
:toofunny: :sofunny:

The next time some jabroni Bungles fan gets on here and runs his mouth, we should point them to this thread and Flood's post as a shining example of the bandwagon that is "Bengal Nation" :toofunny: :toofunny:

i was gonna direct bengalbrian to this thread, but then i realized he was probably the checkout girl in question.

floodcitygirl 12-18-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 190765)
i was gonna direct bengalbrian to this thread, but then i realized he was probably the checkout girl in question.

Hmmmm....now that I think about it....."she" did have a shadow poking thru.....and it was around 5......:tap: