Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who Dey (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13871)

Haiku_Dirtt 01-01-2007 09:57 PM

Who Dey

Lucky Buckeyes. Thank the 'Whining Bruins". Michigan is a great program. So is OSU.

But...

Even though the proof is in the pudding the myth that physical smash mouth football ceases to exist outside the SEC and Big Ten reeks of denial.

Let's see. I'll just perpetuate the denial.

Myth #1: SC racked up six sacks in ONE game against a team that allowed just 18 all season.

Myth #2: A tenacious Mike Hart who tagged the invincible Buckeye defense for 142 yards gained a feeble 49 yards - 2.9 yd ave. - against a younger less experienced squad.

I'll stop there. And since the "Biggest Crybabies Award" goes to the great self-promoters in the SEC (except for the Razorbacks who remember the 50-14 Hog BBQ by SC in Week One) all that is left to say about this Bowl Season is...

Go Buckeyes. SC is eyeing that #2 spot like a sizzling steak.

Hines0wnz 01-02-2007 01:02 AM

Re: Who Dey

Christ on a crutch....do the USC cry babies ever stop? They didnt beat Oregon St or UCLA so how can they be so good? Huh? Yeah, they beat Michigan, kudos but they did not earn the right to play for anything but 2nd place at best.

Oh yeah, Boise St state just beat Oklahoma and BSU beat who earlier this year? That's right, Oregon St who beat who? Right again, USC. USC could have beaten Michigan 527-0 but they still lost to OSU who lost to a "mid-major" school already. Argue all you want about the Trojans being better, the PAC-10 is better but everything I have stated is true.

Boise St 42
Oregon St 14

Oregon St 33
USC 31

Boise St 43
Oklahoma 42

:beaver: ownz USC

SteelCzar76 01-02-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt (Post 199179)
Lucky Buckeyes. Thank the 'Whining Bruins". Michigan is a great program. So is OSU.

But...

Even though the proof is in the pudding the myth that physical smash mouth football ceases to exist outside the SEC and Big Ten reeks of denial.

Let's see. I'll just perpetuate the denial.

Myth #1: SC racked up six sacks in ONE game against a team that allowed just 18 all season.

Myth #2: A tenacious Mike Hart who tagged the invincible Buckeye defense for 142 yards gained a feeble 49 yards - 2.9 yd ave. - against a younger less experienced squad.

I'll stop there. And since the "Biggest Crybabies Award" goes to the great self-promoters in the SEC (except for the Razorbacks who remember the 50-14 Hog BBQ by SC in Week One) all that is left to say about this Bowl Season is...

Go Buckeyes. SC is eyeing that #2 spot like a sizzling steak.

Exactly.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines0wnz 01-02-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt (Post 199179)

:bs:

Who said OSU's defense was invincible? It was way better last year when 3 starters went to the NFL.

MACH1 01-02-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 199226)
Christ on a crutch....do the USC cry babies ever stop? They didnt beat Oregon St or UCLA so how can they be so good? Huh? Yeah, they beat Michigan, kudos but they did not earn the right to play for anything but 2nd place at best.

Oh yeah, Boise St state just beat Oklahoma and BSU beat who earlier this year? That's right, Oregon St who beat who? Right again, USC. USC could have beaten Michigan 527-0 but they still lost to OSU who lost to a "mid-major" school already. Argue all you want about the Trojans being better, the PAC-10 is better but everything I have stated is true.

Boise St 42
Oregon St 14

Oregon St 33
USC 31

Boise St 43
Oklahoma 42

:beaver: ownz USC

Dont forget to add Boise is 13-0.

Godfather 01-02-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 199226)

Some idiot from CBSSportsline said Southern Cal was the real #1 and any OSU/Florida title was a sham. Wrote a whole article.

I guess taking care of business on the field means nothing.

Stlrs4Life 01-02-2007 09:32 PM

Right now, any way, I believe Boise St. deserves #2 no matter what. I'd go as far to say that if Fla is lucky enough to beat Ohio St. That Boise St, deserves the National Champs Trophy.

Hines0wnz 01-03-2007 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 199625)
Some idiot from CBSSportsline said Southern Cal was the real #1 and any OSU/Florida title was a sham. Wrote a whole article.

I guess taking care of business on the field means nothing.

Must be a USC alum.

Godfather 01-04-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 199651)
Right now, any way, I believe Boise St. deserves #2 no matter what. I'd go as far to say that if Fla is lucky enough to beat Ohio St. That Boise St, deserves the National Champs Trophy.

That's why we need a plus-one if not a playoff.

Boise took care of business on the field and they deserve a chance at the championship.

MACH1 01-04-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 200193)
That's why we need a plus-one if not a playoff.

Boise took care of business on the field and they deserve a chance at the championship.

especially if Ohio loses then Boise will be the only undefeated team. 13-0