Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bradshaw and Howie broadcasting together on the Sugar Bowl (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13945)

sumo 01-04-2007 12:57 PM

Bradshaw and Howie broadcasting together on the Sugar Bowl

I know the game sucked last night, but I was caught off guard to hear Terry and Howie doing the commentary - I thought they were actually pretty good..Howie was abusing Bradshaw the whole night ...they had some good exchanges..

Bradshaw -" a lot of players are getting down on one knee and proposing in front of huge audiences - that's a lot of pressure..."

Howie - "well, you should know a lot about marriage proposals" - referring to Bradshaw's failed marriages

HometownGal 01-04-2007 01:28 PM

Re: Bradshaw and Howie broadcasting together on the Sugar Bowl

Terry & Howie together is always a good time - they compliment each other so well! :thumbsup:

clevestinks 01-04-2007 05:05 PM

I also thought that they did a great job! Especially Terry speaking about why he didnt go to LSU

LambertIsGod58 01-04-2007 05:22 PM

He was suppose to go to LSU...but he failed the entrance exam on purpose. He really wanted to go to Tech.

tony hipchest 01-04-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks (Post 200377)
I also thought that they did a great job! Especially Terry speaking about why he didnt go to LSU

an excellent job (of course im biassed) but they definitely got great chemistry and are far better than the MNF crew. its been so long since ive seen TB call a game i forget how good he became in the 80's.

he could easilly get a job in just about any booth (howie too) but of course, that would be a demotion for them.

sumo 01-04-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 200387)
an excellent job (of course im biassed) but they definitely got great chemistry and are far better than the MNF crew. its been so long since ive seen TB call a game i forget how good he became in the 80's.

he could easilly get a job in just about any booth (howie too) but of course, that would be a demotion for them.

That was the first time I ever heard Bradshaw call a game - I had no idea he had done it before - I also think they were better calling the game then they are in the pregame shows..the story Bradshaw told about his own college experience was cool too.

tony hipchest 01-04-2007 06:00 PM

him and gumbel used to call games shortly after he retired in the mid 80's (for nbc i believe). they would pretty much do the games that today, you would see aikman or simms doing.

he definitely wasnt a natural, but brought alot of experience, knowledge, and insight to the contest (as seen last night).

Hines0wnz 01-06-2007 05:38 PM

They were quite entertaining during a good ND buttkicking. :smile: