Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   A PRAYER REQUEST (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14008)

floodcitygirl 01-06-2007 01:05 PM

A PRAYER REQUEST

Some of my dearest friends had twin girls in September, born at 29 weeks, at around 2 1/2 lbs a piece. It has been quite a rollercoaster for them. They have endured illness, procedures and one had to have surgeries. She just made it home a couple of weeks ago.

I just heard today that Gabby had to be taken to the hospital by life squad. The cold that she had, has developed into RSV, which is a respiratory virus that can be very serious. There is a possibility that one lung has collapsed and they are concerned about pneumonia.

Bella, who is the more fragile, now is showing symptoms of a cold, as well.

They have 3 other daughters....including a 2 and 3 yr old.

The stress on this family, as you can imagine, is incredible.

For those of you that pray, please remember them. This has been such a difficult journey and they have had almost no relief since the girls were born. I greatly appreciate it.

clevestinks 01-06-2007 01:05 PM

Re: A PRAYER REQUEST

FCG, You have our prayers, wish them all well for us.

floodcitygirl 01-06-2007 01:09 PM

Thank you Cleves. There is and has been little that I can do for them besides visiting and making food. Prayer is what they need the most and I knew that I could count on many here.

stillers4me 01-06-2007 01:10 PM

You can count on me, girlfriend.

PAMillerGrrl83 01-06-2007 01:38 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

SteelCzar76 01-06-2007 01:46 PM

You and friends have mine Floodcity.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

HometownGal 01-06-2007 03:29 PM

You can definitely count on my prayers for your friends and their precious little girl, Flood. The power of prayer is unlike any other power available to us mortals here on earth. Please keep us posted.

polamalufan43 01-06-2007 03:44 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how hard this must be, this situation has happened twice within my family.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl 01-06-2007 05:41 PM

Thanks everyone! I will keep you updated. They are lifelong Bengal fans, but very good people. I have told them that they have the power of the Steeler Nation praying for them now.....it gave them a chuckle. :wink:

floodcitygirl 01-08-2007 10:19 AM

A little update. Gabby is showing improvement and they are lowering the amount of oxygen that they are giving her. They still hear some crackling in her lungs but it has improved. They are anticipating that she will be able to come home when they can wean her from the breathing support.

Bella is only showing slight cold symptoms and it has NOT progressed with her.

The other two little ones are getting over their colds as well and have been staying with Grandma so as not to expose Bella to any more.

Thank you so much for your prayers and PLEASE continue to remember them. This family really needs a break and to all be home together. They've asked me to express their appreciation....even if it is to the Steeler Nation. :smile: