Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1405)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-07-2005 10:13 PM

Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Its a question I know has been debated over and over all the time on TV, radio, at work, etc. But you have to wonder, how successful would the Pats be under Bill B. had they not had Tom Brady?

Taking nothing away from the genious game planner and coach that Bill B. is. One of the best ever in that dept. But how good would have been, and be now, if they still had bledsoe or gone in another direction at QB?

BB2W 08-07-2005 10:42 PM

Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

I remember the game that Brady got injured and Bledsoe came in and torched us....

I think the Pats would still be good..... not this good, but good. I think Bledsoe or another good QB could have brought home a Championship or two.

Livinginthe past 08-08-2005 01:58 AM

Its always a tough one to say - the only two parts of the Pats organisation that are not interchangeable are Tom Brady and BB.
The turn around Brady put together in his first season - including the 44 point dusting of the Colts - was something to behold, especially when you consider that this was not a particularly strong Pats squad.

I think Brady would get it done on another team, but I doubt the Pats would get it done as consistently as they do without him.

Im still waiting for someone to post the phrase 'system QB' :blurp:

Cheers

NM

clevestinks 08-08-2005 07:41 AM

I personally have not really found any kinks in Brady`s armor. He is very intelligent, has a better than average arm, and gets it done in the clutch. He is a damn good qb. I think he is the New England Patriots. Just my opinion.

Go Steelers

RoethlisBURGHer 08-08-2005 04:56 PM

Without him they might have won thier first championship,but I doubt they would have won these last two.They are a middle-of-the-pack to slightly above average team without him IMHO.

CantStop85 08-08-2005 05:03 PM

I want to see Brady get injured for a few games just to see how well they perform with their backup QB.

Livinginthe past 08-09-2005 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
I want to see Brady get injured for a few games just to see how well they perform with their backup QB.

I want to see Palmer be able to walk past the mattress display in a furniture shop without breaking into a cold sweat.

NM

clevestinks 08-09-2005 06:10 AM

I want my team to beat the best, whomever that may be. I wouldn`t want to see Brady injured, now if Bill forgets his playbook on occasion, I`ll take that.

RoethlisBURGHer 08-09-2005 04:25 PM

Brady injured ain't cool.Brady benched cuz he's stinkin the place up however,sounds excellent to me.

The only players I have ever wished injury upon (as in career ending) are Ray Lewis and Tony Siraguissa (or however the hell you spell it).

CantStop85 08-09-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Brady injured ain't cool.Brady benched cuz he's stinkin the place up however,sounds excellent to me.

The only players I have ever wished injury upon (as in career ending) are Ray Lewis and Tony Siraguissa (or however the hell you spell it).

Eh, I said for a few games...you know what I meant. I just want to see how the team performs with their backup QB.