Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Boise State Deserves to be co-National Champs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14086)

sumo 01-09-2007 12:53 AM

Boise State Deserves to be co-National Champs

Think about this:

BSU will be the only undefeated team -
BSU - (once the final rankings are out) - will have three victories over teams in the top 20 not much different than Florida's schedule...and please don't say the SEC is so mutherfin tough - they had plenty of cream puffs on their schedule including FSU.

Yet I hear all the talking heads joking about BSU not deserving anything higher than the #4 spot - and placing USC ahead of them - even though BSU beat Oregon State 42-14 on the road (same stadium USC got beat in - one of USC's 2 losses) - All I have is a huge WTF?!!! for everybody that doesn't see the massive snub BSU is getting -- and Urban Meyer knows all about it - when he coached at Utah, they finished undefeated and got the same treatment - bottom line is BSU deserves to be co-national champs!!!

stlrtruck 01-09-2007 07:31 AM

Re: Boise State Deserves to be co-National Champs

This just goes to show how screwed up the BCS truly is and that a playoff system is needed to determine what college team truly is #1.

But until then, after last nights game, I'll just give my props to the Gators and say great job shutting up the OSU fans!

24seven 01-29-2007 11:21 PM

Being from Boise and a huge fan.. I'd have to say Ian Johnson said it best. Were just glad to have been invited and won our bowl game and representing the WAC conference.. Everyone else can deal with the voting debacle.... Boise State did what they had to do and that's all that can be done.. Just to get the recognition and the opportunity to put Idaho on the map was good enough for most of us.. You should see it here.. I moved to North Bend OR and am here visiting for a few days and it reminds me of after 911 with the American flag here.. cept it's all about BSU.. man this is one proud city right now.. And every right to be..

Elvis 02-10-2007 06:42 PM

:tt02: NO WAY :tt02:
They would have lost to any of the top 4 or 5 teams..

MACH1 02-11-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 (Post 217166)
:tt02: NO WAY :tt02:
They would have lost to any of the top 4 or 5 teams..

And thats why they play the games!!! I remember when undefeated actually meant something. 13-0.

sumo 02-11-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrabt (Post 217283)
And thats why they play the games!!! I remember when undefeated actually meant something. 13-0.

The WAC and MWC have never gotten the respect they deserve - all the teams from both of these conferences won all of their bowl games this year - and they will continue to be competitive outside their conferences ...

BOXCAR JOEY 02-11-2007 11:01 PM

Finally someone that agrees with me about boise state. What screwed them was the strength of schedule by a few points. They should have played in that champ game rather than getting some BS bowl.

Suitanim 02-27-2007 04:49 PM

Boise State had to depend solely on trickery to beat an Oklahoma team from a BCS conference that had a terrible year. The only other BCS team they may have been able to beat would have been Notre Dame (Nope, not Wake...too much Demon Deacon Defense).

But it was a nice season for Boise, and they showed that a non-BCS team deserves to get a chance to play with the big guys...

verks36 02-28-2007 03:22 PM

Man this just goes to prove what i have been wanting all along. A PLAYOFF

Every other major sport has a playoff besides collage football come on

fansince'76 02-28-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verks36 (Post 223006)
Man this just goes to prove what i have been wanting all along. A PLAYOFF

Every other major sport has a playoff besides collage football come on

The main reason I've never really been able to get into college ball. I have a problem with "champions" that are picked by sportswriters. Championships should be decided on the field. The BCS is a noble experiment that failed. Just my :twocents: