Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bush reconsiders.... now off to the NFL (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14104)

coachspeak33 01-10-2007 11:54 AM

Bush reconsiders.... now off to the NFL

Just read an AP report that Bobby Petrino's decision to head for Atlanta has led Michael Bush, Mr. Big Back, to declare himself eligible for the upcoming NFL draft.

Due to his injury might he slip to us during Rd 2 (pick 47)????

And if so would the Colbert take him???

Atlanta Dan 01-10-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Bush reconsiders.... now off to the NFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachspeak33 (Post 203361)
Just read an AP report that Bobby Petrino's decision to head for Atlanta has led Michael Bush, Mr. Big Back, to declare himself eligible for the upcoming NFL draft.

Due to his injury might he slip to us during Rd 2 (pick 47)????

And if so would the Colbert take him???

Only if Bush can play OLB or right tackle

coachspeak33 01-10-2007 12:36 PM

Atlanta Dan,
you wouldnt take him in Rd 2.... after addressing LB or OL in Rd 1????

If not why?

coachspeak33 01-10-2007 12:40 PM

by the way he could drop further than that.... too tough to tell so early before the draft....
but when a team like NE adds Maroney...
and a team like Cincy adds Chris Perry....
and a team like SD has a guy like Turner to go to....
and a team like Dallas adds Maron Barber....
and a team like NY has Jacobs as an insurance policy...

It kinda makes you wonder if 1 RB is enough for a whole season....especially to a team like our Steelers who needs a reliable running game

Atlanta Dan 01-10-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachspeak33 (Post 203370)
Atlanta Dan,
you wouldnt take him in Rd 2.... after addressing LB or OL in Rd 1????

If not why?

Offensive line (Starks, Hartings' retirement, Faneca being FA for 2008) and LB (Farrior not getting any younger, Porter probably gone no later than after 2007) are both higher priorities than RB. I agree someone needs to take the load off Parker, but the RB issue is less pressing IMHO; need to address both OL and LB first unless a RB is hanging around that Steelers thought to be of much greater value on their draftboard when they draft in round 2.

Hines0wnz 01-10-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachspeak33 (Post 203371)

It kinda makes you wonder if 1 RB is enough for a whole season....especially to a team like our Steelers who needs a reliable running game

1300+ yards wasnt reliable enough? :uhh:

fansince'76 01-10-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 203397)
1300+ yards wasnt reliable enough? :uhh:

I think he meant what if Willie (lord forbid) gets injured and has to sit awhile? If that would have happened this year, we wouldn't even have made it to 8-8. Sorry, I'm not sold on Davenport as a reliable 2nd option in the running game.

In Cowher We Trust 01-10-2007 05:24 PM

hes a great back

SteelCzar76 01-11-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 203373)
Offensive line (Starks, Hartings' retirement, Faneca being FA for 2008) and LB (Farrior not getting any younger, Porter probably gone no later than after 2007) are both higher priorities than RB. I agree someone needs to take the load off Parker, but the RB issue is less pressing IMHO; need to address both OL and LB first unless a RB is hanging around that Steelers thought to be of much greater value on their draftboard when they draft in round 2.

I'm of the mindset that one can accuire quality O-lineman from the 3rd round onward. Could we use help up front ? Certainly,.....but we are far from being the "Cardinals" in this respect.
And regarding LB,......when was the last time we used a 1st rounder to address the position ? Yet we always seem to maintain a level of production from our corps that even during our worst times,..... remains at least in the League top ten. (32 teams)
I think upgrading the secondary and or adding a "Power" compliment to Willie is of far more pressing concern with our early day one picks. (ESPECIALLY in the 1st)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

MJ5150 01-11-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 (Post 203597)
And regarding LB,......when was the last time we used a 1st rounder to address the position ? Yet we always seem to maintain a level of production from our corps that even during our worst times,.....

I do not have an answer for your question, just a comment.

In the past, we have always had a healthy stable of LBs waiting in the wings. I don't see that anymore. As was mentioned, we have a couple LB's that will need to be replaced sooner than the time it would take to grab a guy late in the draft and groom him for three or so years to step in.

-Mike