Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Peterson? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14150)

kyflash15 01-11-2007 08:59 PM

Peterson?

I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?

Showdaddeee 01-11-2007 09:53 PM

Re: Peterson?

If he's there art 15 I think we would grab him, but we would keep him at RB and back up Willie. WR we can address in later rounds if we need to.

Hines0wnz 01-11-2007 10:49 PM

No, OL & LB are needed first and foremost. This isnt the Lions, Cardinals or Raiders!

MJ5150 01-11-2007 11:09 PM

No way on a RB in the first round. Peterson is great, but he would be a waste, unless you are going to sit Willie and play Peterson. Yeah, I don't think so.

-Mike

coachspeak33 01-12-2007 08:35 AM

It didnt look like Maroney was a waste for NE.... 16 games is too much for 1 RB (unless your a future hall of famer) to carry the load for a running team... PERIOD.

Is peterson the right choice.... maybe.... maybe not.... but he definitely wouldnt hurt our team.

stlrtruck 01-12-2007 08:56 AM

I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!

Stillers#1 01-12-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyflash15 (Post 203893)
I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?

This isn't Madden 07, this is real football, and grown-ups get paid to make the decisions. We have a Pro-Bowl RB, PRO-BOWL RB! There is no reason for this continued thunder and lightning BS. Willie is the future right now, so let him be the future, he has earned it. I am much more concerned about our O-line, b/c it doesn't matter if we have Barry Sanders running, if we don't block, we don't run. Willie has proved he can get the tough yards, and Najeh looked really good this year, once he got to know the offense, IMO.

coachspeak33 01-12-2007 09:46 AM

Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles

Stillers#1 01-12-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachspeak33 (Post 204003)
Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles

How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.

SteelerFanInCA 01-12-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 203986)
I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!

Yeah, I'm all for taking the best player available on the board other than a QB. I believe we can always get O Line help in the later rounds of the draft. I can see us having a few good runs in the next few years where we get deep into the play-offs and the by product of that would be drafting at the bottom of the list in regards to draft pick order. This year being that we are closer to the top pick at # 15, we should probably consider how to use the first pick. Do we use our first round pick to fill a void? Or get the best player available? I'm in favor of getting the best player available especially if he has the potential to be a game breaker.