Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Prosdo's Camp Report (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1426)

Prosdo 08-09-2005 08:28 PM

Prosdo's Camp Report

Okay just so you know this isn't going to be some indepth report lol. There was just so much stuff to watch while I was there. I couldn't keep track that much. By far my favorite drill was the 1 on 1 runningbacks vs linebackers. The guy Chad Scott #30 I believe got knocked on his rear pretty fast. Jerome Bettis looked pretty good during these. Jeff Reed looked very solid during his kicks. Ben Roethlisberger threw some very nice passes. I think it was Walter Young he had a nice tip to himself and caught the ball while he was falling. Was a very nice catch except it was out of bounce. Willie Park I think it was or Noah Herron I know it was either 38 or 39 had a very nice run where he bounced off a linebacker and kept going.

As for the autographs we got: Mike Barr, Andre Frazier, Chris Gardocki, Elliott Harris, Jeff Hartings, Sean Morey, Jeff Reed, Deshea Townsend, and Nate Washington

clevestinks 08-09-2005 08:39 PM

Re: Prosdo's Camp Report

Nice report Prosdo, glad to see you scored some autos. I wish I would have replied to your message earlier , Sorry.

Prosdo 08-09-2005 08:44 PM

No problem. I will post the pictures either sometime during the trip or when I get home. I will also get some scans up of the autographs soon.

Prosdo 08-09-2005 08:58 PM

Hey Cleve. Do you know how good the area at the bottom of the steps is?

BlitzburghRockCity 08-09-2005 10:16 PM

Thanks for the info girl, good stuff! congrats on the signatures too!!

Prosdo 08-09-2005 10:32 PM

Thanks Blitz! Let's hope the night practice gets me some good pictures and maybe a nice autograph or two. :)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-09-2005 10:43 PM

I love the night practices...they are always great! the players are definately into it.

BB2W 08-09-2005 11:32 PM

I like Walter Young he made some nice grabs when I was there too. He can make some achrobatic catches. He reminds me of Chris Chambers..... they have a similar build.

I did not get to see the RB/LB 1 on 1 drill, or any kickers.....

The autograph you got from Nate Washington is a guy that I am really hoping will make the practice squad. He is from a very small school in Ohio called Tiffin. He is one of the schools, and the divisions best receivers ever. Many good athletes from my high school end up going there.

Prosdo 08-11-2005 12:49 AM

Okay, let's see if I can finally get this report posted with no problems. This hotel internet is not being too kind to me at the moment lol. So we went to the night practice today. Ben looked good and then not so good. He threw two interceptions. One of his passes was picked off by Clark Haggans and the other by Russell Stuvaints. Ben and Cedrick did have a really nice play during the practice though. The offense was lined up at their own 45 yard line. Cedrick is running down field and gains a few steps on the defender who is covering him. He makes a nice over the shoulder catch at the 5 yard line. He was down at the 3 yard line. Maddox overthrew guys a few times. Willie Parker had some nice runs. He has really impressed me this camp. Jerome did not suit up for the practice. I don't believe Walter Young did as well. I did not see him play and when I did see him on the sideline he had a pair of sweats and his practice jersey on. Sam Simmons caught a pass but was quickly leveled by Tyrone Carter I think it was.

As for autographs my sister and my friend got Zamir Cobb, Chidi Iwuoma, Alonzo Jackson, Janssen Patten, and Greg Warren. I was standing at the other side and got James Farrior.

I will be at the training camp tomorrow and then I will be heading home. I may drive up again later this month. Not sure yet.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-11-2005 12:54 AM

We'll be there next thursday!! Thanks for the info!! Thats cool that you got Farriors signature !!!