Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Owens Leaves Eagles Camp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1433)

McNabbulous5 08-10-2005 02:48 PM

Owens Leaves Eagles Camp

Found this on Philly.com

Report: Owens leaves Eagles camp

There are reports this afternoon that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.

I guess this was bound to happen but I guess we will see what happens :boxing:

I will post more if I get an update

BB2W 08-10-2005 03:09 PM

Re: Owens Leaves Eagles Camp

It is true....I just saw it on NFL Live.

T.O. couldn't let Hines have the spotlight for one second. :D This is a perfect time for Ward to sneak back into camp and save face, and still play the "good guy" role.

JerseySTEEL 08-10-2005 03:22 PM

Report: Owens leaves after verbal spat with Reid
ESPN.com news services
Related Video:
Sal Paolantonio from Ravens camp

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with head coach Andy Reid at a team meeting Wednesday and was asked to leave, according to news reports.

Terrell Owens
Wide Receiver
Philadelphia Eagles

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
77 1200 14 15.6 59 404

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to two television reports.

Earlier Wednesday, he had missed practice for the fifth time in six days because of a left groin injury.

Owens worked out with the team's assistant trainer for about 20 minutes on a separate playing field from his teammates, catching balls from a machine and doing some light running. He did not speak to reporters or acknowledge the fans who chanted his name.

The All-Pro receiver sat out practices last Friday and Saturday. He returned Sunday for both the morning and afternoon sessions, but hasn't practiced since.

Owens is unhappy the Eagles have refused to redo his contract as he enters the second season of a seven-year, $48.97 million deal.

Last season, Owens had 77 receptions for 1,200 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns receptions before severely injuring his ankle late in the season. He missed the final two regular-season games and the first two playoff games before returning for the Super Bowl, in which he had nine receptions for 122 yards.

When asked about Owens leaving camp, his agent Drew Rosenhaus said it was a matter between Owens and Andy Reid. Rosenhaus declined to talk about it further.

JerseySTEEL 08-10-2005 03:23 PM

Just think about the eagles with no TO and with stinkson out there WR corps is dead, and with Bwest not able to stay healthy and with chris not being healthy also the eagles may just have to hardest fall this year.

SteelR1 08-10-2005 03:27 PM

I can not get over him wanting to redo his contract again in the SECOND year on a 49 million dollar deal......

The Eagles better think of something FAST to do in WR department!!!!

Prosdo 08-10-2005 03:29 PM

Doesn't surprise me. This is a typical TO move.

Blitzburgh55 08-10-2005 03:49 PM

i love this casue i live in phila now they have 3 wrs lol

McNabbulous5 08-10-2005 04:01 PM

Terrell Owens Asked To Leave Eagles After Argument
Eagles receiver Terrell Owens has been asked to leave Philadelphia Eagles training camp after a dispute with the team on Wednesday.

According to sources close to the situation, Owens got in an argument with Eagles head coach Andy Reid after Owens didn't sign autographs for fans in a tent on Wednesday.

Owens didn't sign autographs last Sunday at Lehigh, but the team said Owens had been excused from that session.

Owens didn't practice with the team earlier on Wednesday and then didn't attend the public autograph session with fans, according to sources, many of whom were wearing Owens' jersey.

Owens was then asked by coach Andy Reid to discuss the autograph session. After an apparent argument, with Owens again refusing to sign autographs, Reid asked Owens to leave Eagles training camp.

Owens then got his belongings and left Lehigh University.

ironcitychef 08-10-2005 04:29 PM

Saw an article where Andy Reid has lost 40 lbs or more this offseason. Maybe he will suit it up for the Eagles and hual in some passes.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-10-2005 07:37 PM

Owens hasnt signed any autographs at all since camp started. The guy who started this thread was at eagles camp,and he said TO just continually walked by everyone wanting his signature, wouldnt even look at them.