Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will you welcome back Hines? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1436)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-11-2005 12:03 AM

Will you welcome back Hines?

When he shows up to camp or to the team in the season. Whichever comes first whether he signs an extension this year or not. Will you be one to cheer his return, or have you been tarnished to the point of no return?

bigbensgirl7 08-11-2005 12:52 AM

Re: Will you welcome back Hines?

I can't say I'm completely tarnished. I think a lot of it would depend on how long this thing gets drawn out. I would still chear for him because he's in the black and gold however, I don't think I will ever really be able to look at him as that ultimate team player I have in the past. I think to me I will see him as more a Plax than a Bus IMO!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 08-11-2005 12:55 AM

Thats a good point girl.. if he does come back can any of us think of him exactly the same as we did before?

Prosdo 08-11-2005 01:32 AM

If he holds out the whole year I couldn't. But if he came back during training camp I could. Hines is one of my all time favorite players so its hard for me to forget about the years he has spent here already and what he has shown us in the past.

Steel Fury 08-11-2005 07:25 AM

I'll welcome him back. He has been a constant professional. He could have held out last year but chose to be the team player with the promise that he would be a priority for this season. I don't think that really happened. And he is still handling this better than TO.

steelersgirl86 08-11-2005 07:34 AM

I would welcome him back and cheer him on just as I will every black and gold player. I aggree with bigbensgirl7 I dont think I will look at him the same as I used to but then again you never know get him in there doing what he does best and I think he will make us all happy. Just hopee it happens soon.... :hope: :sign08:

Hamer 08-11-2005 09:30 AM

You always hear, football is a business. Hines holdout is a business decision, but THIS nfl team is different, it really is. The Steelers are about passion. That's what feels wrong about this. I will welcome back Hines, he is absolutely our best wideout and we need him. But you guys are right- it's like he's not the same guy who cried for Bettis after the game last year. I hope Hines quits listening to his agent and starts listening to his heart again- because you know he has the passion for the game, the team, and the city.

Friday133 08-11-2005 10:10 AM

of course you've got to wlecome hines back. after that first touchdown pass he catches, and that first nasty block he throws his holdout will be a distant memory. hell the way its going for the steelers maybe its good he's not in camp, he might have gotten hurt if he had reported!

melroseplace 08-11-2005 11:26 AM

I'll welcome him back. and I'm sure after he takes a couple of hits and stands up grinning most everyone else will too

pitt 08-11-2005 11:30 AM

If he comes back during camp, I'll welcome him back.