Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Does our draft priorities change with Tomlin? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14480)

Stillers43 01-24-2007 12:40 PM

Does our draft priorities change with Tomlin?

Do we start the change of going to a 4-3 D? If so, DE becomes very important in this draft!

My Opinion:
Before Tomlin- OL, DB, LB, Tall WR, then Big RB
With Tomlin- DE, DB, OL, LB, Big RB, then Tall WR

Thoughts??????/

Black@Gold Forever32 01-24-2007 01:12 PM

Re: Does our draft priorities change with Tomlin?

Its simple really. Just look for an hybrid DE. A DE that can end in a 4-3 and then OLB in a 3-4. Its hard finding players like that. But they are available. Anthony Spencer from Purdue being one of them.

lamberts-lost-tooth 01-24-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillers43 (Post 211012)
Do we start the change of going to a 4-3 D? If so, DE becomes very important in this draft!

My Opinion:
Before Tomlin- OL, DB, LB, Tall WR, then Big RB
With Tomlin- DE, DB, OL, LB, Big RB, then Tall WR

Thoughts??????/

With Lebeau staying and with Tomlin already stating that he is not going to mess with the switch to 4-3 at this time.....I think they will still stay with OLB/OL/ or CB with the first pick

polamalufan43 01-24-2007 03:17 PM

I think we will stay with getting a DB and OL. And we definately need depth at RB, so I'm guessing that will be a big deal.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Elvis 01-28-2007 05:52 AM

:tt02: I am sitting here watching the Senior Bowl that I recorded yesterday and man that Big LOT Levi Brown and the Big Nebraska DE are looking very good as well as Okoye. But I would like to see O Line help or LB or DB.. those are my top priorities.:wave:

Dylan 02-14-2007 01:10 PM

I dont think it will be a big deal. Tomlin will grab players that will help our team out.

Mosca 02-14-2007 05:22 PM

Yeah, I don't think anything will change. In the interview, Tomlin says that quality players will be quality players in ANY scheme. I think he's going to go after the best players available.

Tom

jethro1925 02-14-2007 05:50 PM

I don't think it should change. It should go CB first round then DE in the 2nd and RB in the 3rd

paw-n-maul-u 02-14-2007 11:47 PM

I am against going for a CB in the first round. This is a pretty weak class of CB's and none of them have great speed. IMO the secondary is the last of our worries ... ofcourse their is Ike, mcfadden and colocough are still young but show lots of potential (esp. mcfaden) ... and deshea adds some veteran leadership and experience. With tomlin specializing is the secondary i believe we will see a vast improvement. A healthy Troy wouldn't hurt also.

One thing I can't wait to see develop is competition between Clark and A. Smith for the starting spot at safety opposite troy.

I'd like to see us take a DE/OLB hybrid type player. good O-line depth can be found in the later rounds. I also think the competition in training camp will bring out the best in simmons, kemo, starks and colon ... we might see some new faces on the line next year but I believe they are already on the roster right now (possibly kemo or colon).

WR just doesn't strike me as a big concern right now ... maybe a bigger target in the later rounds, but i think the early rounds should be devoted to an overhaul on defense, with maybe a RB like Hunt or leonard in round 3

paw-n-maul-u 02-14-2007 11:55 PM

round 1- Adam Carriker(sp?)/ jarvis moss/ amobi okoye(sp?)
round 2- maybe move around a little in this round and get an OLB or ILB ... i have a feel that paul poz, willis, or brandon siler will be available at the 47th pick ... if not, another DE or OL
round 3-Tony hunt or brian leonard
round 456-lineman,lineman,CB or WR