Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jerome Betis (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=145)

crazynick 01-24-2005 05:16 AM

Jerome Betis

I hope the bus stays around for one more year so he can get the ring he so much deserves man i was really hoping he got it this year he deserves it so much

daleemnm 01-24-2005 07:15 PM

Re: Jerome Betis

He deserves to win a Super Bowl. I hope he stays.:'(

shevdog 01-24-2005 07:56 PM

He addressed his teammates today. Hines Ward was all tears at his interview. Bus or not, the Steelers running game still has a lot of weapons. Big future for Willie Parker!

I want Bettis back for one more run for a Super Bowl. If he stays, he has one solid year left in those bones. Either way, we all love the Bus for his great year at the burgh!

BlitzburghRockCity 01-24-2005 07:59 PM

its still too early to tell, but I just really wonder if jerome wants to go thru any training camp, regular season, etc. He may have just about had enuff this year.

but I hope not!

Prosdo 01-24-2005 08:05 PM

Jerome Bettis what a class act. I can't say enough about him. I hope he comes back just one more year. Just one more. I want him to get a ring. No one deserves it more. Hope to see him back next year. Goooooo Bus!!!!!!!!

gaudjr 01-25-2005 01:06 AM

Jerome needs to stay. My only fear is that he will be the Charles Barkley of the NFL (all respect to Dan Marino). Having to retire as one of the best without a championship must leave a huge hole in the life of an athlete.

stormwts 01-25-2005 10:39 AM

New England made him look like a little girl. The look on his face after he fumbled was priceless. New England owns the pits-burg steelers. Thanks for another superbowl ring. Damn,it's getting too easy!!!;D

BlitzburghRockCity 01-25-2005 11:06 AM

go away troll! !!!!!! you should wish to have such a glass guy and HOF player on your team some day. Jerome has no equal on the field or off, and he'll always be a STeeler..., he may not have had the biggest game of his career against you, but he did play pretty well in both games. You should wish to have as much class on ur own as he has in 1 finger. !

Steeler4Life 01-25-2005 11:07 AM

It's a real shame that we lost yet again in the Championship game; whats worse is that as much as I despise cocky players, Plexico Burress is right for once, until the Steelers change their approach to the passing game, we are doomed...3 attempts to a 6'5" receiver in the title game? That's just plain stupid...of course you cannot do anything without a solid run game (Thank you Jerome, we'll love you eternally for giving 200% every game) but without the balance of a solid passing game...we're doomed..
As much as I love the guy, I think Cowher should resign and we should bring in another solid coach...we're going to lose Plexico to probably the Ravens or Arizona, and I tell you now...look for an 8-8 or 9-7 season next year...I hate the heartache....:-[

ironcitychef 01-25-2005 02:35 PM

Point of topic...Bettis. I wish he could have gotten a ring, but maybe his absence is what we need. To move so many Steelers with his speech, he should go. Maybe that speech will linger all off season and motivate our boys to finish the job next year. Heck sign Bettis to the expanded Practice squad just in case. But anyone who can't walk on Mondays, needs to leave when he can walk away.