Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Senior Bowl Discussion (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14549)

xIceCOldxX 01-27-2007 10:33 AM

Senior Bowl Discussion

Who will you guys be watching ?

I have never seen it before is it usually pretty good to watch ?

Im sure the players play fairly hard but I know most of what the coaches get is from practice.

I will be giving Dwayne Bowe a pretty good look he reminds me of a taller Hines and I think we could get him in the 3rd. (If we got lucky)

Defense I really really would like to see Patrick Willis the guy is a monster and could play in 4-3 and 3-4.

If we are sticking to the 3-4 then Carriker woodley are pretty high on my list

dSharp 01-27-2007 01:14 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Discussion

You can call me a homer for Penn State, but all I heard on Sirius all week long and on NFL.com was that Puz was having a great week, and could probably fit both a 4-3 or a 3-4 (the latter with some mentoring).

My pitch is that if he is versatile enough, he may also be a good pick if Tomlin decides in the next couple years to go with the 4-3.. Posluszny would theoretically be able to move into that scheme seemlessly.

I'd take a Penn State linebacker over an Ole Miss or a Michigan tweener anyday of the week... maybe I'm a homer, but the dude has the goods, is intelligent, is a Butkus winner, has shown he still has burst on that knee, and has had a great week at the Senior Bowl. I find it hard for any other prospect at linebacker to beat that, and I really don't think any of them can. I would really hate to see him land anywhere else but in black and gold.

Puz is my hope.

Florida_Steelers_Fan 01-27-2007 04:16 PM

can anyone post their thoughts on this game later? in tampa you have to have verizon as your cable subscriber to get the nfl network - i'm with a company called brighthouse which doesn't have it, therefore i can't watch the game.

just curious to see what kind of impressions people got...if the steelers were talked about any. thanks!

SteelCzar76 01-27-2007 05:01 PM

I'm very impressed with CB/S Brandon Merriweather from Miami.

Elvis 01-28-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 (Post 212142)
I'm very impressed with CB/S Brandon Merriweather from Miami.

:tt02: Yeah.. Merriweather has looked good all year and the past couple of years in Miami,Fla. I am a canes fan so I have gotten to watch him since he came in as a freshmen. He is very physical and is a good tackler. I think that he should be a late 1st round pick maybe somewhere in the Patriots area. I also like Carriker from Nebraska the big DE that looks like has lots of speed along with his pretty darn good size. And also I liked OT Levi Brown from penn st.:wave:

Godfather 01-28-2007 03:31 PM

I've seen Bowe projected as an early second rounder. If he didn't have so many drops he'd be a top 15 pick.

SteelCzar76 01-28-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 (Post 212262)
:tt02: Yeah.. Merriweather has looked good all year and the past couple of years in Miami,Fla. I am a canes fan so I have gotten to watch him since he came in as a freshmen. He is very physical and is a good tackler. I think that he should be a late 1st round pick maybe somewhere in the Patriots area. I also like Carriker from Nebraska the big DE that looks like has lots of speed along with his pretty darn good size. And also I liked OT Levi Brown from penn st.:wave:

I'm not really impressed with this years crop of corners. And Meriweather confirmed this with his play at the Senior Bowl. He supposed to be a safety,...but he looked far better in coverage on the occasions he was at the corner position than any of the "top" cornerbacks ?
I was also very, very surprised and impressed with Nebraska D/E Jay Moore. I think he would make an exceptional L/B in a 3-4.