Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who are we looking at in the Draft?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14572)

SteelerFanInTX210 01-27-2007 10:52 PM

Who are we looking at in the Draft??

I've seen the mock drafts but i was wondering if anyone knew who we interviewed or who caught our coaches eyes at the senior bowl? Any links to this info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!:cheers:

Livinginthe past 01-27-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Who are we looking at in the Draft??

We have a dedicated draft forum for this subject - thanks :cheers:

Elvis 01-28-2007 05:43 AM

come check out the threads that have already been started...:tt02:

Believe43 02-03-2007 12:36 PM

Okoye with first pick if available, if not, the best available DB
Look for Micheal Bush or Hunt in second round
Cornerback, Offensive Line, Pass Rusher LB/DE, Big Running Back should be addressed

Anthony_Smith27 02-05-2007 08:00 PM

it sucks this year, with a new coach we have no idea what he's looking for, in the past we had an early idea on what cowher would draft, now we are clueless for this year

i definitely think, if okoye is sitting there at 15 you take him, he's only 19 so he's still growing, and the dude is a monster, imagine when we play our 4-3 sets, him and casey hampton lining up next to each other, the olinemen will be shitting themselves lol........

but if he's not there, i say we get a OLB/DE and the guy i want is anthony spencer from Purdue

here's a scouting report on him
Quote:

Strengths:
An excellent athlete with great speed...Playmaker who is very active with a great motor and always around the action...Versatile and has experience dropping into coverage...Natural pass rusher with a knack for getting after the quarterback and making plays in the backfield...Extremely productive...A good technician who plays with solid leverage...Relatively stout against the run for his size...Experienced and battle tested...Good range with a burst to close fast...Very instinctive and smart.

Weaknesses:
Is undersized and doesn't have either the height or bulk you look for...A 'tweener who might not have a true pro position...Not very explosive and needs to develop a wider array of pass rush moves...Struggles to shed blocks and can be engulfed by massive offensive linemen...Agility and change of direction skills are question marks...Will he be able to handle coverage?...Might have to learn a new position.

Notes:
Overshadowed by Ray Edwards and Rob Ninkovich, who are both now in the NFL, early in his career but had a phenomenal senior season and really saw his draft stock soar...Could end up being one of the top 3-4 outside linebacker prospects available...Still has some upside and could be a workout warrior...Teams will need to see him in positional drills to determine if he will be able to make the move to linebacker but if he shows well look for there to be a major demand for this guy.

Dylan 02-14-2007 12:50 PM

I'm pretty sure the coaches was impressed of Tony hunts performance. He proved he has the speed and he is a powerful back also. He played a tremendous senior bowl game and caught scouts eyes. I would love to him in Black N' Gold