Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Browns for sale? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14739)

Big D 02-05-2007 09:12 AM

Browns for sale?

They are running a news story about it here tonight on one of the local cleveland news stations. How ironic and funny would it be if the browns were sold and moved again.

Atlanta Dan 02-05-2007 10:00 AM

Re: Browns for sale?

Given the sorry saga of Modell and my understanding the Browns sell out all games, I cannot imagine the league would let the Browns move (and aside from LA where would they move to?).

Jax and (in a few years once the PR hit will not be a great) the Saints are more likely candidates for a move.

With the run up in NFL franchise values this decade whoever owns the Brwons will make a tidy profit.

Big D 02-05-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 214843)
Given the sorry saga of Modell andmy understanding teh Browns sell out all games, I cannot imagine the league would let the Browns move (and aside from LA where would they move to?).

Jax and (in a few years once the PR hit will not be a great) the Saints are more likely candidates for a move.

With the run up in NFL franchise values this decade whoever owns the Brwons will make a tidy profit.

congrats on 2000 posts dan, I dont think they would actually move. But a new ownership group wouldnt exactly be a bad thing around here. I think the lerners are very cheap.

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-05-2007 10:14 AM

Soooo many opportunities to slam the Brownies...but lets be honest!...The fans there are more loyal than the bandwagon jumping Bengal fans...and for that matter the attention deficit disorder L.A. fans who cant even stay up to the beginning of the fourth quarter!!!...If someone buys the Browns...I personaly hope they stay in Cleveland.....and in our division for the 2 wins!!!:thumbsup:

Infamix 02-05-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 214849)
Soooo many opportunities to slam the Brownies...but lets be honest!...The fans there are more loyal than the bandwagon jumping Bengal fans...and for that matter the attention deficit disorder L.A. fans who cant even stay up to the beginning of the fourth quarter!!!...If someone buys the Browns...I personaly hope they stay in Cleveland.....and in our division for the 2 wins!!!:thumbsup:

yes, yes and yes

boLT fan 02-05-2007 07:03 PM

Where can I contact the Browns? I'll give them Marty for their whole team. They're stupid, they'll do it.

sumo 02-05-2007 07:52 PM

IMO, LA won't have a team at least for the next ten years or so -- Real Estate has gotten so ridiculous out there - and all the city officials have the complete LA "whatever" attitudes no way the Brownies move ...they are in Cleveland forever and that's a good thing for us.

RoethlisBURGHer 02-06-2007 07:14 PM

They Browns need new ownership,the Lerners have no clue about how to runa football franchise.RL is more interested in his soccer team in England than in the Browns.

Big D 02-07-2007 08:15 AM

update: lerner came out in said the browns were not for sale, and his goal this offseason is to make this team competitive.

jammer699 02-10-2007 06:29 PM

local tv station started the rumour...sour grapes after lerner took the rights to cleveland's pre season game away