Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   I want Bush in this draft. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14755)

SteelerFanInTX210 02-05-2007 07:56 PM

I want Bush in this draft.

There isn?t a more powerful running back in this years draft class. Bush is an absolute load to bring down. Not only does he have great size, but he is very strong, and is determined to fight for extra yardage when he hits a defender. What makes Bush standout though, is his speed. He has the ability to hit the corner and reel off big runs. He is a fantastic athlete, and could have played a number of positions at the college level. Bush uses that out of the backfield as a receiver, as he is capable of being a legit threat that has to be accounted for.

Alot of people want us to draft a linebacker in the first round but we can find a quality OLB in later rounds, weve been doing it for years. Lets get this cat.:jammin:

SteelerFanInTX210 02-05-2007 07:57 PM

Re: I want Bush in this draft.

Not to mention the one-two punch it would be with Willie.

Newzfoxjr 02-05-2007 08:22 PM

I don't really think we should be taking chances, we need to get a good talent for a position we need badly.

SteelShooter 02-05-2007 08:36 PM

Go for it! We need a BRUISER! Tire them with Willie, bruise them with a power back, then let Willie break a few more loooooooong runs!!!

Anthony_Smith27 02-05-2007 08:41 PM

i would rather have tony hunt, he'd be a perfect compliment to willie

Dynasty 02-05-2007 09:08 PM

if we decide to draft the guy, we could easily pick him up in the 2nd round

Preacher 02-05-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WySilv (Post 215158)
if we decide to draft the guy, we could easily pick him up in the 2nd round

Exactly. He is in danger of being labeled "injury prone," and with good reason. Don't waste a first round pick on him. If he slips to us in the second. Get him. Heck, trade a second and third round up to a higher second round to pick him. BUt please, don't waste a first round pick on him.

FastWillieParker39 02-05-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_Smith27 (Post 215154)
i would rather have tony hunt, he'd be a perfect compliment to willie

exactly was I was thinking

He turns 2 yard gains into 8.

Anthony_Smith27 02-05-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 215160)
Exactly. He is in danger of being labeled "injury prone," and with good reason. Don't waste a first round pick on him. If he slips to us in the second. Get him. Heck, trade a second and third round up to a higher second round to pick him. BUt please, don't waste a first round pick on him.

actually, we need all our picks, and running back isn't a huge need, now if he falls to where we are in the second, and if there isn't better value then i'd take him or hunt, hunt would be my first choice.....but we still got to focus on defense in the first 2 rounds IMO.

i think hunt could possibly be had in the 3rd, i doubt bush can.

also another option is the dude from rutgers, brian leonard, he's labeled as a full back, but the dude wants to be a running back, and he has the skills and the power to be a great goal line type back, he gets labeled a fullback because i think it's against the law to be a white half back lol (people please take that as a joke and don't get upset.)

Preacher 02-05-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_Smith27 (Post 215176)
actually, we need all our picks, and running back isn't a huge need, now if he falls to where we are in the second, and if there isn't better value then i'd take him or hunt, hunt would be my first choice.....but we still got to focus on defense in the first 2 rounds IMO.

i think hunt could possibly be had in the 3rd, i doubt bush can.

also another option is the dude from rutgers, brian leonard, he's labeled as a full back, but the dude wants to be a running back, and he has the skills and the power to be a great goal line type back, he gets labeled a fullback because i think it's against the law to be a white half back lol (people please take that as a joke and don't get upset.)

Actually,

What i was saying (didn't want to repeat it again here.. as I have posted it in a number of places) is that we should pick up either a LB or a CB in the first round draft, then the other of the two in FA. Pick up Bush as the second round choice. Then, we have Kemo and Colon on our line, and they will both do a great job. So we are pretty much taken care of. So from that point, we just pick who is the best player out there. One exception to that, we pick up a tall... fast receiver from a small school and see if they can do it in the bigs.