Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How to see the game on TV? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1476)

BigBen2WardPITT 08-14-2005 08:56 PM

How to see the game on TV?

I live in the washington DC metro area. I am new here, because i could not stand the negativity and look of the forums at stillers.com. I am hoping i get away from that with VBB and it looks like there arent too many negative fans here.

I know i could get directv, but it wont work in my area, too many trees-already tried it.

I know there is NFL field pass to listen to the radio, and i am about to get that, i jsut wish i could WATCH the games on tv.

I guess i could go to the local sports bar, ziggs, and watch the game there.

are there any other options? Is there or will there be soon something for the nfl like mlb tv? You could order taht and watch the games online, it was great, but i dont think they currently have that for the nfl? does anyone know if they are planning on doing that? any other ideas?

thanks.

figg 08-14-2005 09:15 PM

Re: How to see the game on TV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen2WardPITT
I live in the washington DC metro area. I am new here, because i could not stand the negativity and look of the forums at stillers.com. I am hoping i get away from that with VBB and it looks like there arent too many negative fans here.

I know i could get directv, but it wont work in my area, too many trees-already tried it.

I know there is NFL field pass to listen to the radio, and i am about to get that, i jsut wish i could WATCH the games on tv.

I guess i could go to the local sports bar, ziggs, and watch the game there.

are there any other options? Is there or will there be soon something for the nfl like mlb tv? You could order taht and watch the games online, it was great, but i dont think they currently have that for the nfl? does anyone know if they are planning on doing that? any other ideas?

thanks.

It's on ESPN. :self edit: I thoght you meant the Monday Night Game lol. DirecTv is the only way unless you go to a sports bar every week.

Welcome to the site.

BigBen2WardPITT 08-14-2005 11:23 PM

yea ok. I have directv at one of my houses actually. How much is the nfl package thing? All i really want is the steelers games, and i guess there is no way to get a pay per view just for the steelers games now is there?

holy $hit, 4 payments of 59 dollars. wow. I have direct tv and tivo already, so i have to go with the expensive deal. ah. jeeze. I might just be going to the sports bar!

BlitzburghRockCity 08-14-2005 11:28 PM

There is no PPV for single games, like there is for the college game packages. Although, there is talk of making just that type of package for those that just want to see their favorite team. DirectTV is fighting it though because they'd be losing out on the deal. Cable is really pushing for this of course.

When in doubt, go hit a local sportsbar..there's usually atleast a few fellow fans there to cheer with.

Ive gotten the NFL field pass every year for quite awhile, the only thing that bugs me is that when you listen and watch the game, there is the obnoxious TV delay to account for the possible cursing and odd things the camera might catch that the network doesnt want them to see/hear.

BigBen2WardPITT 08-14-2005 11:30 PM

yea luckily i have a full steelers/nittany lions sports bar here and they have nfl sunday ticket, and it's only 5 minutes away, maybe less, so thats a good deal.

BigBen2WardPITT 08-14-2005 11:32 PM

dish network i think, u can get the local channels for big cities, so i could get like CBS, FOX, ABC for the pittsburgh area and catch all the games, i think! Thats how it used to be, and it was alot cheaper, too bad dish sucks and i have directv and love it.

figg 08-15-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen2WardPITT
yea ok. I have directv at one of my houses actually. How much is the nfl package thing? All i really want is the steelers games, and i guess there is no way to get a pay per view just for the steelers games now is there?

holy $hit, 4 payments of 59 dollars. wow. I have direct tv and tivo already, so i have to go with the expensive deal. ah. jeeze. I might just be going to the sports bar!

Your going to end up paying more by going out.

BigBen2WardPITT 08-15-2005 08:54 AM

nah. basically 12 bucks a game. and i have calculated that the games that arent on tv are these- sep 11th, sep 18th, oct 16th, oct 23rd, dec 4th, dec 11th, dec 18th. So thats 84 bucks.

redst3 08-15-2005 11:24 AM

I defintely suggest getting it, you can trim something out of your budget. I am in rural GA. One of the best days i had was when I got the ticket in 1999, after those bleak years when they were never on tv, i knew i would never miss a game.

SteelerFanInATL 08-15-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redst3
I defintely suggest getting it, you can trim something out of your budget. I am in rural GA. One of the best days i had was when I got the ticket in 1999, after those bleak years when they were never on tv, i knew i would never miss a game.

I also have the Sunday Ticket. Since 2001 I vowed that I will always have it for the same reason. I went 15 years without seeing them every sunday after joining the Army. Currently live in ATL and have not missed a game in four years.