Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   the greatest fans in the world? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14760)

Indy_Steelers 02-05-2007 11:24 PM

the greatest fans in the world?

"It sure feels good to be back in this Dome after playing in that weather last night," shouted Peyton Manning. "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the greatest fans in the world."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206/...l_colts_parade

250,000 people show up to see the Steelers after their SB victory in an area of 2.3 million and 40,000 for the Colts in an area of 2 million people. Who has the greatest fans? We also had 80% of the stadium in Detroit for SB XL.

augustashark 02-06-2007 12:32 AM

Re: the greatest fans in the world?

Peyton missed it by about 6hrs East on I 70!

Preacher 02-06-2007 12:37 AM

the team with the best fans beat the colts last year.

touchdownward 02-06-2007 06:32 AM

There's no nation like the Steeler's Nation!

I took off work last year to watch the celebration on ESPN2 and remember the commentator saying, nobody's at work, nobody's in school, nobody's at home, they're ALL here.
Man, I bet it was incredible to be there.
:tt02:

purplepenguin 02-06-2007 07:25 AM

I am suffering horribly here in Indianapolis surrounded by all these "diehard" Colts fans. They drive me crazy. They have no idea!!! The true test for these "diehards" will be when the Colts have their next losing season...we'll see how many of them stay true to the Blue!

klick81 02-06-2007 12:46 PM

I remember about half of them jumping ship last year when we spanked them and made them our bitches!

polamalufan43 02-06-2007 12:52 PM

Let's see. Which fans came close and didn't care if they lost their jobs for attending a parade? Which fans stayed around even though their team was losing? Who is still dey?

Oh yeah.... that was a no brainer.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl 02-06-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepenguin (Post 215266)
I am suffering horribly here in Indianapolis surrounded by all these "diehard" Colts fans. They drive me crazy. They have no idea!!! The true test for these "diehards" will be when the Colts have their next losing season...we'll see how many of them stay true to the Blue!

Console yourself with the fact that at least they have a legit reason to celebrate this year. I live in Cincy.....they get all puffed up and mouthy when their big claim to fame is if they happen to pull out a win against the Steelers........it is their super bowl, ya know?! :wink02:

83-Steelers-43 02-06-2007 04:16 PM

Well, I wouldn't have expected him to say "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the worst fans in the world.".

On that note, we all know and they all know what Fords Field looked like on February 5 of last year. That's all that matters to me.

RoethlisBURGHer 02-06-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 215422)
Well, I wouldn't have expected him to say "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the worst fans in the world."

To every player,his team's fans are the greatest fans in the world.