Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Non Smack Version of Who Is the Best QB in the AFC-N (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14837)

BengalBrian 02-08-2007 01:29 PM

The Non Smack Version of Who Is the Best QB in the AFC-N

Ok.. Lets be real about this now.. I have to know how much of a percentage of this site really does believe which quarterback has a brighter future as an individual. Which quarterback has the better skillset. Which quarterback is better.. Period...

I wont include a Browns quarterback, because who the hell knows who it will be anyway...

Talking about how many times the quarterbacks have had sex is irrelevant in this thread.. Or how many girlfriends he gets.. This is for people who have actual facts.. About the player themselves. And their ability in FOOTBALLThat means you should just shut up Tony lol

fansince'76 02-08-2007 01:58 PM

Re: The Non Smack Version of Who Is the Best QB in the AFC-N

Carson has the better arm, but Ben doesn't have the fumbling problem when he gets hit. I don't think either is anywhere near Manning or Brady, and are prime examples of what I would like to see them both develop into. They both have plenty of room for improvement at this point, IMHO. At this point, I don't think either one is better than the other, honestly - Palmer has the better home run ball, but Ben is bigger, stronger, more mobile, and can make plays in a bigger variety of ways.

stlrtruck 02-08-2007 02:04 PM

Bottom line, in the playoffs who did what to get his team through it. Yes I know last year Carson got hurt...but when he had to win games, what has Carson done compared to what Ben has done.

Carson has been in the league more and for some reason has not been able to pull his team out of the mediocre level of play. Granted his only one player but he's suppose to be the leader at this point.

Ben also has a Super Bowl in his resume. Regardless of the fact that he didn't have the best performance of a winning QB, he made the plays when they were needed.

Edge to Ben!!

tony hipchest 02-08-2007 02:11 PM

ben is a leader and proven winner who is tough as nails. he can also punt, run, and tackle. ben won 13 games in his rookie season, yet carson cant win more than 11. all we hear about is carsons offensive weaponry, yet he managed 8 losses last season, when they were supposed to win a superbowl.

carson is 1 dimensional. he has an arm and can throw a nice spiral, but then again, so can a juggs machine. he will probably put up some nice numbers like vinnie testaverde, but ben can scramble, improvise and put up wins like a brett farve, john, elway, or troy aikman.

ben is still relatively new to the position, with alot to learn, and tons of upside. it doesnt get much better for carson.

augustashark 02-08-2007 02:19 PM

Where the hell is the Charlie Fry button.........This is BS!!!!!!!!!

BengalBrian 02-08-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustashark (Post 216263)
Where the hell is the Charlie Fry button.........This is BS!!!!!!!!!

You think he will be the starter all next year? I guess he is the best candidate at this point.. :)

BengalBrian 02-08-2007 02:29 PM

I still think some of you mistake Ben winning the games he did for simply scoring more points than the defense allowed. And your defense has been a top 5 defense easy the past couple years. They are very consistent. This year was a telling year for Ben. He was asked for the first time in his short career to actually carry the team several times and make things happen. Carson has fallen short before but he is asked to do this constantly because our defense has major issues. Ben is a great game manager. But he is not a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback. Carson is. He's proven. Ben was only able to manage for a couple years, but then self destructed last year when he was needed to step it up. Was it the injury? We may never know. I personally just don't think he is near what Carson is. Carson is constantly watching leads he put up dwindle with poor defensive play or pulling out of a deficit for the same reason.

stlrtruck 02-08-2007 03:00 PM

And Carson has 1 AFCN Championship. How many playoff wins? How many Super Bowls?

As Terry Bradshaw once said...when it really comes down to it, all that matters is the number of Super Bowls and right now Ben has 1 and Carson 0.

Borski 02-08-2007 03:15 PM

No Charlie Fry?!

Preacher 02-08-2007 03:18 PM

At this point...

STEVE MCNAIR. Hands down.

Palmer is too stationary as a QB... when teams catch on to blitzing schemes, or are able to manhandle the O line... Carson will get killed.

Ben has that problem this year, both because of the front line and because he wasn't mentally ready to play QB after his accident.. surgery.. etc.

In the end, Ben and Carson are about equal. What Carson can do with his arm, Ben can make up for by scrambling and making plays with his legs. It evens out in the end.

Right now... and until proven otherwise, Steve Mcnair has showing throughout the years that he is a very good QB. Unfortunately, many times he has shown it against us!

Mark my words... 10 years from now, we will be lamenting the retirement of one of the greatest rivalries NFL football has known... Ben vs. Carson. And I will promise that in the ends, the stats, etc, will not be decisive for either qb, neither will games won/lost.

However, Ben will have more SB rings. Why? Because the way the Bengals handle themselves, they do not have the ability to keep it together through the long haul. I do hope that changes. But until you all get a owner, FO, and coach that DEMANDS discipline on AND OFF the field, you will continue to have problems.

And that is my non-smack honest answer.