Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rush Limbaughs latest NFL "analysis" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14871)

tony hipchest 02-09-2007 06:19 PM

Rush Limbaughs latest NFL "analysis"

...the media picks on rex grossman because he is white. :dang:

what an idiot.

sumo 02-09-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Rush Limbaughs latest NFL "analysis"

Are you sure he was serious and not joking? - that guy is about 80% sarcasm - which is why he's always in trouble - he thrives on it - he waits for the controversy and then claims he was only kidding around...

tony hipchest 02-09-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumo (Post 216767)
Are you sure he was serious and not joking? - that guy is about 80% sarcasm - which is why he's always in trouble - he thrives on it - he waits for the controversy and then claims he was only kidding around...

the guys on pti were talking about it. i dont think rush believes half the stuff he says. just the fact that he has a medium to say it is what makes him a multi millionaire.

its a retarded thing to say regardless, but that is what he gets paid to do. haha

sumo 02-09-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 216770)
the guys on pti were talking about it. i dont think rush believes half the stuff he says. just the fact that he has a medium to say it is what makes him a multi millionaire.

its a retarded thing to say regardless, but that is what he gets paid to do. haha

Rush has to make serious bank - a couple of weeks ago I heard him say he felt insulted when someone claimed he only made 12 million a year....

I thougth he was being sarcastic with the grossman stuff based on when he got blasted for the Mcnabb comments on ESPN...

Atlanta Dan 02-09-2007 07:33 PM

Probably just another way for Rush to play to his base and claim white males never catch a break.

Limbaugh's success is the living embodiment of the observation of H.L. Mencken that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Preacher 02-09-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumo (Post 216778)
Rush has to make serious bank - a couple of weeks ago I heard him say he felt insulted when someone claimed he only made 12 million a year....

I thougth he was being sarcastic with the grossman stuff based on when he got blasted for the Mcnabb comments on ESPN...

More then likely... That is EXACTLY what it is.

Stainless Steel 02-09-2007 08:23 PM

Rush is a big Steelers fan. Aside from that, he doesn't have much going for him in the area of football.

tony hipchest 02-09-2007 08:44 PM

rush could be being sarcastic, after all its a good and convinient "out" for him to say just about whatever.

i didnt hear the comments in context, just what wilbon and kornheiser touched on on pti.

however, judging by rush's reputation and all his comments that precede him, i do believe he thinks that if rex were black he wouldnt take quite the same amount of heat that rex has.

black or white, rex's 4th quarter interceptions are equally horrible. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. i thought the white vs. black qb issue was dead and a non issue. i guess not. atleast it makes for funny fodder.

sumo 02-09-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainless Steel (Post 216811)
Rush is a big Steelers fan. Aside from that, he doesn't have much going for him in the area of football.

You're right I forgot about this - I have heard him a couple of times talk about his love for the steelers..

BlacknGold Bleeder 02-09-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 216818)
black or white, rex's 4th quarter interceptions are equally horrible. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. i thought the white vs. black qb issue was dead and a non issue. i guess not. atleast it makes for funny fodder.

if the white vs. black HC is still alive and kickin why not QB's ??