Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pro Bowl? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14885)

steelpinstripe72 02-10-2007 12:31 AM

Pro Bowl?

There are a lot of people who generally don't care about the Pro Bowl. I happen to think it's fun to watch, but that's just me. That said, according to the NFL's website, it starts at 6 on CBS. Yet the Grammys are also on Sunday - on CBS. And they start at 8. No way is the Pro Bowl only two hours long. Anyone know when and where the Pro Bowl is supposed to be on this Sunday?

tony hipchest 02-10-2007 12:37 AM

Re: Pro Bowl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pride4u2 (Post 216901)
There are a lot of people who generally don't care about the Pro Bowl. I happen to think it's fun to watch, but that's just me. That said, according to the NFL's website, it starts at 6 on CBS. Yet the Grammys are also on Sunday - on CBS. And they start at 8. No way is the Pro Bowl only two hours long. Anyone know when and where the Pro Bowl is supposed to be on this Sunday?

its on tomorrow (sat.). 1st time i can remember a saturday pro bowl.

steelpinstripe72 02-10-2007 01:06 AM

Ha...wow, you're right. I just went back and checked. I guess I'm so used to it being on Sunday that I didn't even notice that the website was saying Saturday instead. :dang: I think the change has something to do with the fact that ABC doesnt have a contract to air NFL games at the moment. The Pro Bowl has aired on ABC for about as long as I can remember.

tony hipchest 02-10-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pride4u2 (Post 216904)
Ha...wow, you're right. I just went back and checked. I guess I'm so used to it being on Sunday that I didn't even notice that the website was saying Saturday instead. :dang: I think the change has something to do with the fact that ABC doesnt have a contract to air NFL games at the moment. The Pro Bowl has aired on ABC for about as long as I can remember.

yeah, like MNF. now cbs has to fit it in with its current obligations. im glad you pointed out it was on cbs (i was still thinking its on ABC and am planning on recording it to watch later)

jjpro11 02-10-2007 04:15 AM

i could have sworn the pro bowl was always an espn thing? at least in its recent history.. of course abc and espn are partners or whatever, so they wouldnt dare to take possible ratings away from the grammys. i think the pro bowl should be on sundays though.. too much going on saturdays.