Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Pens!!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1490)

Stlrs4Life 08-16-2005 11:58 AM

The Pens!!!!

I haven't been this excited about the Pens in a long time. I believe we are defeinatly a playoff team already. Picking up John LeClaire yesterday iced it. We could easily have the 3 top goal scorers on our team, with Mario, Ziggy Palffy, LeClaire, and even Mike Recchi.

mhenry07 08-17-2005 09:55 AM

Re: The Pens!!!!

Sorry to say that but Leclair good scoring days are way behind him... Pitts just signed an always injured old and slow player. Don't expect more than a 10-15 goal season !

As for the rest of their signings, I wonder how much games will Mario, Ziggy and John will play this year... Maybe 70... for the combine 3!

As for Thibeault, you'll find that he is overrated...

Gonchard was a great add... Pitts should look now for some much needed defensive players...

In the NHL today, you don't win if you don't have a top goolie, a good defensive system and injured-free players. Therefore, Pens will be lucky to finish in the top 5 teams in the conference and won't will more than 1 round in the playoffs. The good thing is that's better than the last years ;-)

blairsummit 08-18-2005 01:26 AM

i think the signing of leclair was good in 2 ways. it provides veteran leadership for a very young team and him, along with mario, will help mentor crosby.

SteelerzGirl 10-05-2005 05:17 PM

Pens @ NJ Devils 2nite at 7:30 PM on Fox Sports Pittsburgh! Woohoo! I can't wait to see Sidney Crosby and my all-time fave Mario play together. I have to take a break from the game at 8:00 PM, however, to watch LOST, then back to the Pens. LET'S GO PENS!!!

Prosdo 10-05-2005 05:30 PM

Let's go Pens!

ngreene15 10-05-2005 11:48 PM

Devil beat up on the Pens... But I was watching tid bits of the game before I was watching my Leafs play the Sens and I saw that Sidney Crosby almost scored on his first shift.

I think he also got an assist on Recchi's goal. Pens will be good this year.

SteelerzGirl 10-06-2005 06:10 PM

The Pens lost last night 5-1. Bummer. :( I was so hoping Sidney would have scored that goal on his first shift, but noooooooo. Martin Broudeur is a brick wall! Wish we had him.

Where is Fleury? Did the Pens send him down to Wilkes-Barre?

ngreene15 10-06-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
The Pens lost last night 5-1. Bummer. :( I was so hoping Sidney would have scored that goal on his first shift, but noooooooo. Martin Broudeur is a brick wall! Wish we had him.

Where is Fleury? Did the Pens send him down to Wilkes-Barre?

I believe they did.

He'll be a superstar in a couple years.. In the World Junior Hockey Championships a couple years ago he was absolutley amazing play for Canada, won games by himself.

SteelerzGirl 10-07-2005 07:54 PM

Wow, thanks, ngreene! That definitely gives me more hope! :smile:

Tonight, Pens @ Carolina @ 7:00 PM on FSN Pittsburgh. (They're currently behind 2-0 @ the end of the 1st period).

Tomorrow night, the Pens open at home against Boston @ 7:30 PM! Woohoo!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

SteelerzGirl 10-08-2005 11:21 PM

Awww maaaaan... The Pens lost @ home tonight in OT (7-6). They were kickin' butt 6-4 at the end of the 2nd period, too! Grrrrrr... On a happier note, Sidney scored his first NHL goal while playing at home! It was so cute. He was so happy, and I was so happy for him! Yay Sidney! :smile:

How are the Toronto Maple Leafs doing thus far, ngreene?