Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sad News (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14927)

polamalufan43 02-11-2007 02:08 PM

Sad News

Hey everyone.

This is a prayer request for some of my dear friends. At church today, the pastor announced that my friends cousin, was killed in action in Iraq. Everyone was friends with him and his family and mine are really good friends. Our whole church was in tears and my friend and her mom just fell apart when we came over to talk to them.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stainless Steel 02-11-2007 02:11 PM

Re: Sad News

Prayers going up form NW Ohio

lamberts-lost-tooth 02-11-2007 02:36 PM

My friend...
My prayers go up to any of you with needs..but there is a place in my heart for those noble veterans who have died...and to their families and friends who pay such an incredible sacrifice by losing someone they love...PLEASE let them know that my heart ,thoughts,prayers and tears go out to them...

-Perry

polamalufan43 02-11-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 217421)
My friend...
My prayers go up to any of you with needs..but there is a place in my heart for those noble veterans who have died...and to their families and friends who pay such an incredible sacrifice by losing someone they love...PLEASE let them know that my heart ,thoughts,prayers and tears go out to them...

-Perry

Thank you so much, the saddest part of all was that he was only around 19 or 20 years old. i'm not really sure, I hadn't gotten to talk to him since he left for Iraq.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelCityMan786 02-11-2007 03:00 PM

Prayers from Hollidaysburg, PA

HometownGal 02-11-2007 07:43 PM

I am deeply saddened to hear this, PF43. My heart goes out to this courageous young man's family. He died defending our great nation and will be remembered as a hero. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

God Bless America. :salute: :usa:

floodcitygirl 02-11-2007 10:04 PM

Heartfelt condolences to your chruch family as well as that brave young man's family. He is a true hero and this sacrifice was not made in vain and will be remembered. Sending up thoughts and prayers for you all tonight.

Preacher 02-11-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 217421)
My friend...

-Perry

HERE HERE

I pray the family remembers his sacrifice in honor. I pray our nation remembers his family and treats them with honor.

I also pray the Lord heals the family, comforts them in this time of need, and brings the church family around them to love them and be what the church is supposed to be for them.

PAMillerGrrl83 02-12-2007 04:39 PM

The family is in my prayers.

83-Steelers-43 02-19-2007 08:28 AM

His family are in my thoughts and prayers.