Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thank God we have the Rooneys (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14957)

ohiosteelerfan20 02-12-2007 09:37 PM

Thank God we have the Rooneys

How strange is it to watch these other teams operate. Look at the Cowboys, they spend weeks looking for a coach and then pick a guy that has been fired twice. The Raiders:dang: And then the Chargers fire Marty for, I guess for not going 19-0. Any one doubting the hiring by the Rooneys of Mike Tomlin should really take a look around at the rest of the league. :tt02:

PisnNapalm 02-12-2007 09:41 PM

Re: Thank God we have the Rooneys

I'm grateful to have them as team owners. I will give Tomlin a couple of years before I label him as a good head coach or a failure.

Atlanta Dan 02-12-2007 09:47 PM

The Marty firing, which apparently is due to all the assistants running for the exits after Marty was brought back for only one year guaranteed, supports the wisdom of not bringing back Cowher for a lame duck 2007.

Whether it was the idea of Cowher or the Rooneys (or both), congrats to whomever is responsible for not stepping into that trap. Who knows whether Tomlin will work out, but the process certainly was handled better than the way Dallas and the Chargers have handled their coaching changes - have to give credit to the Rooneys where credit is due on that point.

I omit comparing the Raiders coaching selection process because I regard the Raiders as no longer being a fully functioning professional franchise while Al Davis remains in charge.

iloveben7 02-12-2007 09:58 PM

All I'm gonna say is thank God for the Rooney's and I don't know what the Pittsburgh Steelers would be like if it wasn't for them!!

Preacher 02-12-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 217851)
The Marty firing, which apparently is due to all the assistants running for the exits after Marty was brought back for only one year guaranteed, supports the wisdom of not bringing back Cowher for a lame duck 2007.

Whether it was the idea of Cowher or the Rooneys (or both), congrats to whomever is responsible for not stepping into that trap. Who knows whether Tomlin will work out, but the process certainly was handled better than the way Dallas and the Chargers have handled their coaching changes - have to give credit to the Rooneys where credit is due on that point.

I omit comparing the Raiders coaching selection process because I regard the Raiders as no longer being a fully functioning professional franchise while Al Davis remains in charge.

Can't say anything else.

Elvis 02-14-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 217851)

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
I agree.. I love the Rooney's
But you know what? Marty would have looked pretty good coaching on the Black N Gold's sidelinesin my opinion:jawdrop:
:helmet:

polamalufan43 02-14-2007 01:15 PM

I am thankful to God that we have the Rooney's as our team owner. They seem like the best owners in the league and the one's with the most sensible head and work ethic.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: