Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chris Kemoeatu getting rave reviews (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1499)

figg 08-17-2005 11:17 PM

Chris Kemoeatu getting rave reviews

This guy is a beast! http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_364858.html

BB2W 08-17-2005 11:34 PM

Re: Chris Kemoeatu getting rave reviews

This is great to read.....

For the most part, I thought our second string OL did a bad job in pass protection, but I wasn't watching Kemoeatu too much.

What is even more ironic is me and my friend were just talking Hugh Douglas, and about the T.O. situation and how he gave him the cold shoulder. We were just talking about how Hugh and how he was such a beast, like 60 seconds ago.... honestly!

BlitzburghRockCity 08-17-2005 11:38 PM

Any guy that stand up casey hampton on a regular basis is a guy I definately want on our Line!

Looks like we have more depth than we thought on the OL, if Chris and Josh Burr keep doing well, we'll be OK.

figg 08-17-2005 11:50 PM

I have tivo so i've been rewinding and doing slow motion to watch the players. He was the best of all the rookies. On the draw play to Parker he almost knocked the DT off his feet on initial contact lol he was on one leg and was ready to fall victim to a pancake stat but just managed to regain balance before Kemoeatu nearly knocked him into the endzone. :D He's a nasty s.o.b.!

blairsummit 08-17-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Any guy that stand up casey hampton on a regular basis is a guy I definately want on our Line!

Looks like we have more depth than we thought on the OL, if Chris and Josh Burr keep doing well, we'll be OK.

i agree on the hampton part. our 2nd string ol did look pretty good. i didnt get to watch the whole game, cause of work, but bits and pieces. and from what i saw they looked pretty good.

figg 08-17-2005 11:55 PM

Essex looked ok too-lost at times but he's a rookie. He held his own on one on ones. But when it came to run blocking he wiffed a few times.

BlitzburghRockCity 08-17-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blairsummit
i agree on the hampton part. our 2nd string ol did look pretty good. i didnt get to watch the whole game, cause of work, but bits and pieces. and from what i saw they looked pretty good.

Yeah most of the backups are pretty raw, but they have alot of toughness, good tenacity and attitude, and seem to be picking up pretty well..it'll just take some time.

Ironman 08-18-2005 03:20 PM

I was all ready to go into my patented "I can't believe we wasted a 3rd round pick on Trai Essex" rant when I remembered this was a Kemoeatu thread. Great big, nasty Kemoeatu. Future star in the league. Pro Bowler in 5 years.

stillers4strife 08-19-2005 10:15 AM

Kemo should turn into one of the better OG's in the league within a few years. Nice insurance this year and should really get a shot at starting in '06 if he progresses like I think he will. Simmons is good but I would let Kemo battle it out with him for the starting spot (I believe Faneca has it locked up for now).

Essex was okay. Certainly better than Brooks. So for this year, I like Essex as the backup. Maybe he comes in on goal-line plays as Starks did last year.

I think Burr is just too tall. A big guy to have to get around but I wonder if he can get out of his stance quickly enough. Anyone who went to camp have an opinion on him?