Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tiki Barber Throws Coughlin Under Bus (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14997)

Atlanta Dan 02-14-2007 11:36 AM

Tiki Barber Throws Coughlin Under Bus

Based on this story, apparently Tiki Barber will continue his sniping until Coughlin is fired. Maybe Tiki can have Shockey & Plax on The Today Show next fall for a Coughlin bashing roundtable discussion.

Barber, who will work on NBC's "Today" show and on the network's Sunday night football coverage, said his problems with New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin had "started to take its toll on me" and that it was an "act of God' that the physical demands Coughlin placed on him did not result in serious injuries. ...

"The grind took its toll on me and really forced me to start thinking about what I wanted to do next. And that's not a bad thing. That's a good thing, for me at least. Maybe not for the Giants, because they lose one of their great players, but for me, it is," Barber said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2763247

For those who thought Faneca was out of line for saying he wanted Grimm to be hired, welcome to the world of what real coach killing sounds like when it comes from a first class egomaniac.

Nice touch with Tiki proclaiming himself one of the Giants great players - based on the multiple Super Bowls he helped the Giants win who can argue with him?

Coughlin is dead man walking ... I think the Giants and Redskins are the co-favorites to hire Cowher in 2008.

memphissteelergirl 02-14-2007 12:04 PM

Re: Tiki Barber Throws Coughlin Under Bus

I am really surprised Tiki would make a comment like that...he seemed like one of the nicer guys in the league. Oh well...I've been wrong before.:hunch:

tony hipchest 02-14-2007 12:06 PM

mike golic on "mike and mike" didnt sound too sypathetic with tiki, quoting his days with buddy ryan in philadelphia.

Preacher 02-14-2007 12:43 PM

You know...

I really didn't see Fanaca's comment as that bad. He was just expressing that he wanted a inside person.

Tiki Barber. Sad. I too thought he was one of the nicer people in the NFL

augustashark 02-14-2007 12:44 PM

Making 5 million/year, you should'nt have to lift a finger! I'm with you Tiki!

Idiot!

Try making 50k/year like alot of americans who break their back to put food on the table!

You're dead to me! You F**king looser!

Elvis 02-14-2007 12:45 PM

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
These guys like Tiki are making these Millions of $$$$
and they still complain about anything
and everything. But when it comes to their off the field lives which injuries do, then it is time to sit back and think what
is more important in these players
lives!! Money or Health.
:helmet:

Livinginthe past 02-14-2007 02:14 PM

Tike is an intelligent guy, but he come across as arrogant and condescending.

He doesnt seem to understand the concept of the 'team' - its all about what he can do, and what he will receive for it.

It should be remembered that until the last few years of his career he was a temperamental runner - who had a real problem with fumbling the ball - his team stuck by him because they believed in him.

I blame Coughlin for taking a stance earlier with this behaviour - he should have stamped down on it earlier - even if it meant giving the cold shoulder to his star running back.

NM

polamalufan43 02-14-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl (Post 218378)
I am really surprised Tiki would make a comment like that...he seemed like one of the nicer guys in the league. Oh well...I've been wrong before.:hunch:

I agree, he seemed to be an all-around good guy. But let's not forget that once someone retires, they can pretty much say what they want about their former job with little interference. Still, as LT would say, "That's got no class." Or at least what he said is on the border.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Big D 02-14-2007 04:28 PM

why the hell does this guy still talk about coughlin. Who cares. I cant stand these millionaire cry babies.

touchdownward 02-14-2007 04:52 PM

Tiki seems to enjoy the spotlight a good bit, this gets him some. I never believed his retirement plans revolation was an "accident".