Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tarik Glenn for Marvel Smith (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14999)

gillderais 02-14-2007 01:39 PM

Tarik Glenn for Marvel Smith

This is one of the reasons I joined this board.

I am GM of a football team. I took over the Colts this year. I felt it was urgent to make some trades. The trade I wanted to discuss here is me trading away Tarik Glenn for Marvel Smith. The contracts of both players in this are almost identical. So cap savings are not really relevant here. I am asking from a talent perspective, who got the better end of the deal?

polamalufan43 02-14-2007 03:54 PM

Re: Tarik Glenn for Marvel Smith

Ummm.... well Marvel Smith needs to work on speed and keeping with people at times, or at least from what i noticed. But he all around has a good talent.
Anyone else want to say something about Glenn, cause i haven't been following the Colts lately.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Dylan 02-14-2007 05:12 PM

Umm...Glenn looked solid in the playoffs this year but i still would rather have Smith.

Livinginthe past 02-14-2007 05:35 PM

You really have to take anyone who plays on that Colts line - over pretty much any other offensive unit in the NFL.

Manning goes for long periods without getting any heat - how many times do we see the receiving duo of Harrison and Wayne run their route, get covered and still have time to come back to the ball and make the catch?

Lots would be my guess.

A no-brainer I would say, especially after this years performance by the Steeler O-line.

NM

gillderais 02-14-2007 06:57 PM

I must be going coocoo. :crazy01: Where did I get this idea that Marvel Smith is a better?!

I could have sworn that he was a better talent. Younger and cheaper then Tarik Glenn, who'll be turning 31 in a bit. I must have been out the game too long, that I have missed that. :banging:

Thanks for clearing that up. Although I feel I little dissapointed now. I was so happy when I got Marvel, but now I'm feeling a bit down. :sadpace:

Stainless Steel 02-14-2007 07:31 PM

Ben is WAY up there in number of sacks this year. I think he is about 3rd highest. Yes our O-line needs a lot of work.

gillderais 02-15-2007 06:07 AM

Sorry to hear that man. If ity makes you feel any better, I think your oline still looks better than ours. Here's hoping Dolphins management finally uses some common sense and either sign Leonard Davis or draft Levi Brown. I am banking on a good year from Marvel Smith though, and with the capspace I have I might also sign Max Starks. He's also ver y good in my opinion. :smile:

verks36 02-26-2007 09:41 PM

I cant imagine Marvel Smith going this year. He is a tank at the line and is huge. He has a big problem with speed rusher though which is his only downfall. If we lose Smith and we already lost hartings are O-line is basically going to be totally revamped