Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Staley needs to go (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1504)

LambertIsGod58 08-18-2005 03:17 PM

Staley needs to go

I think considering how injury prone Staley is, we should get rid of him at the end of the season. With our o-line and RB reserves, I think we could better use the money we are paying Staley. What do you all think?

Justin Otstott 08-18-2005 03:20 PM

Re: Staley needs to go

I agree, since Staley has been with us he has been hurt. What do wee need him for, now if he comes back and plays good this season we keep him if he's on crutchs and in a cast I say use the money for somebody worth paying for.

rowedf 08-18-2005 03:32 PM

I disagree. I think duce is a fine back, his entire career has been nagged with injuries, so its not like they thought he would play 16 games, he's living up to his history and probably just about what the steelers expected. I do however think he was a bit overpaid, but if we have a healthy duce for say 10 of the 16 weeks, I'm happy.

SteelerFanInATL 08-18-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowedf
I disagree. I think duce is a fine back, his entire career has been nagged with injuries, so its not like they thought he would play 16 games, he's living up to his history and probably just about what the steelers expected. I do however think he was a bit overpaid, but if we have a healthy duce for say 10 of the 16 weeks, I'm happy.

I agree, he was very effective last year while he was in there. I would love to see him score more TD's this year.

Justin Otstott 08-18-2005 03:44 PM

he was but with him being hurt all the time u would think there is better guys out there! But I hope he does good this season, with Bettis retiring

JerseySTEEL 08-18-2005 03:45 PM

Yes alot of ppl think this, but iam not one of those hes a great RB he hasnt had his breakout year and as u said has been hamperd with injurys but he always comes back form the injurys in top forum. and next year well draft RB in the 1st and hell slowy take the job and duce will be a num 2 like bettis is.iam rly hoping willie parker steps up would be great to see him bust acouple in the start of the year.

clevestinks 08-18-2005 03:55 PM

I agree! But we should at least see how the season plays out. But he isn`t the youngest rb in the league either. One more injury and show him the door. Draft a first rounder next year.

LambertIsGod58 08-18-2005 03:56 PM

I like Staley, I just think we spend too much money on him when we have Parker, Haynes and Bettis. At least for now.

Justin Otstott 08-18-2005 03:57 PM

^ yup! Look I love Duce and his style but with him being hurt it really kills us! I want this to be our year and show them Pats right!

Ironman 08-18-2005 04:05 PM

I would love to see Staley go. Come on, guys... this is the premier running team in the NFL (or should be). When you see the black and gold you think running backs. The front office needs to pony up in the off-season for a big time FA. Pittsburgh deserves better than what we have in terms of RB. Long live the Bus... and damn the rest. Keep Parker... but the rest can go. I would rather have a stud carrying the ball than all the "best blocking WRs in the game" we can sign.