Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Free agency and the draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15083)

paxtonsteeler 02-18-2007 06:25 PM

Free agency and the draft

It is probably too early to be naming names but what areas do you feel will need to be upgraded in FA or the draft? I am thinking secondary, linebackers for depth, offensive line, and maybe a big running back late.

slashsteel 02-18-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Free agency and the draft

Too early ? ? we have been discussing these kind of things for months. :)

Stater136 02-18-2007 07:57 PM

I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see them go after Leonard Davis. He could play the left side and then move Marvel over to the right where he's better suited.

slashsteel 02-18-2007 08:17 PM

LD underperformed so far, you want to pay money for him ? I wouldn't give you a box of half eaten doughnuts for him. I doubt he could play LT for us, I think I would move him to guard.

Stater136 02-18-2007 08:33 PM

As I see it right now both of our tackles are struggling. Davis may not be the answer at the price he'll command, but he would be an improvement over Starks.

geo1963 02-18-2007 10:04 PM

I don't think our secondary is as pressing an issue as everyone thinks. Our lack of a consistent pass rush was our main problem on defense this year, so our linebackers both inside and out are definitely in need of attention, as well as our under performing offensive line.

Dylan 02-18-2007 10:11 PM

we should look at linesbacker and o-line. i am content with our secondary

IamTheSteelGod 02-19-2007 07:47 AM

Clements might be up for grabs! It would be stupid not to sign him for whatever cost.

rags1336 02-19-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo1963 (Post 219742)
I don't think our secondary is as pressing an issue as everyone thinks. Our lack of a consistent pass rush was our main problem on defense this year, so our linebackers both inside and out are definitely in need of attention, as well as our under performing offensive line.

Agreed. Bryant McFadden is a pro bowler in the making. Deshea is a tough veteran. Ike Taylor is working hard to bounce back, he is still starting caliber. Anthony Madison shows a promising future. Ricardo Colclough is still young and there was a reason why he was drafted #2, he is just not a return man. And dont forget about Chidi the special teamer. There might be a need at safety depending on if Tyrone Carter is resigned, we would need a good backup for Troy and I don't think Mike Logan can do it anymore.

slashsteel 02-19-2007 09:36 PM

Bryant, Madison, Peezy, Farrior, Coke, and Ike are will be working out at my work. (Ike and Coke is already here) Life is good! :)