Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which Player??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1509)

BB2W 08-19-2005 01:33 PM

Which Player can we least afford to lose???

Injuries have already started to hit the Steelers, and it seems like every year someone goes down early with a season ending injury.....

Which player can we least afford to lose to a season ending injury?

SteelR1 08-19-2005 03:21 PM

Re: Which Player???

I would certainly have to say Big Ben. He's become THE quarterback for the Steelers....

BB2W 08-19-2005 03:33 PM

After you think about it the most damaging loss might be Marvell Smith. If he went down we would have Barrett Brooks or Trai Essex starting at Tackle along with first time starter Max Starks on the other side. That would not be good.

Prosdo 08-19-2005 07:47 PM

I have to go with Ben. He does have a good backup, but I definitely would rather have Ben healthy and playing.

steelparrot 08-19-2005 10:50 PM

We have zero depth at the o-line. If one goes down, were finished.

figg 08-19-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelparrot
We have zero depth at the o-line. If one goes down, were finished.

Actually the depth isnt that bad.

T-Essex G-Kemoeatu C-Okobie

BlitzburghRockCity 08-19-2005 11:35 PM

our OL depth was very suspect in mini camp and in the coaching sessions, but so far, we're looking alot better. We're still thin at Tackle behind the starters, as far as experience goes, but they are looking better. We're ok at guard for the most part. Okobi is ready to take over as soon as Hartings retires.

SteelerSal 08-20-2005 08:25 AM

I picked Feneca, and noticed Ben is leading in votes.

O-line is so important with our style offense, we pound the ball on the ground to set up the pass, we live by the running game. I feel our other QB's are capable of leading our offense as long as we control the clock and the ground game.

Lets all pray for an injury free season!!!! (Duce included)

clevestinks 08-20-2005 09:29 AM

Troy is an all over player, I can see us reaqlly really needing him. Ben is awesome, but we are a running team, and Maddox can fill the void, not as well, but well enough.

SteelersWyo 08-20-2005 09:34 AM

Anyone on the O line. The second half of Ben's season was not real good. We were lucky to win some of those games. Without him the team could still do well. O line is the most important. Remember recent years when the rushing game was in the toilet? No running game means fewer wins and it all starts with the O line.