Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who concerns you the most in the AFCN (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1510)

BlitzburghRockCity 08-19-2005 06:09 PM

Who concerns you the most in the AFCN

We all know the clowns are much of a worry this year. They may surprise a few people in a few games, but overall, they arent a major threat in the division this season.

So who concerns u the most..the ratbirds, or the bengals ( u know how hard it is for me not say bung..., but out of respect to our bengal friends I will refrain ;) )

figg 08-19-2005 06:52 PM

Re: Who concerns you the most in the AFCN

I picked the Ravens. Im hoping with all the new additions they turn into the Redskins lol. But they improved the most of all the teams in our division.

SteelR1 08-19-2005 07:14 PM

Im not so much worried about the Ravens as long as Kyle Boller is the quarterback. The Bengals seem to be heading in the right direction right now...

Enough about them, Lets go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity 08-19-2005 07:45 PM

The ratbirds will only go as far as Boller will carry them, and so far, that isnt very far! The bengals are improved, but their troubles getting their big draft pick signed and in camp will hurt. They have a pretty good defense as well.

But here's to the black n gold heading up the AFCN after December !! :cheers:

Steelersfan 08-19-2005 10:00 PM

I'd have to say the Raven's. Until the Bengals prove they can win I will never consider them a threat. The Raven's on the other hand have proven they can win and they still have a good D. That will make them tough even with Boller as the QB. If Boller settles in and plays well they will give us a run. If not then we should have the division by 2-3 games easy.

bengalsfan21 08-20-2005 01:56 AM

I'll say you have to watch out for the Bengals, Only bc the defense is improved and if the offense clicks it will be hard to stop it....Now if Ben does not have a sophmore slump I will say the steelers are the Bengals biggest threat.....And Cleveland better watch out bc with Boller leading the Ravens, they could easily lose the last place spot in the division.

bigbensgirl7 08-20-2005 08:30 AM

This is a hard one. Right now I'm not completely sure who I see as our biggest threat. With what I saw from the Bengals last night, I can't say I was completely impressed with their starters esp. with their offense. However, it is preseason, this is something I think I will have more of a grasp on once regular season starts

clevestinks 08-20-2005 09:26 AM

The AFCN, who concerns me most? That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have a great team. In this division it would take a total melt down by us, for us not to win it. Our defense is the best in the division, and maybe the NFL. And it is defense that will win it for us again. Our offense is good enough to win it all. Injuries always play a part, sometimes it isn`t the best team in the end, its the healthiest. So if we don`t beat ourselves, and Ben improves just a little, because our offense isn`t centered around having to have an explosive passing game, we will win the AFCN, the AFC and the fifth ring.

SteelProven 08-20-2005 12:22 PM

The bengals scare me the most it's not the Ravens I know we can split the series or even sweep them. But it's the Bengals that could actually sweep us just becuz there offensive fire power. But it's going to be really interesting but I has to be the Bengals. IMO

BlitzburghRockCity 08-20-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
The AFCN, who concerns me most? That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have a great team. In this division it would take a total melt down by us, for us not to win it. Our defense is the best in the division, and maybe the NFL. And it is defense that will win it for us again. Our offense is good enough to win it all. Injuries always play a part, sometimes it isn`t the best team in the end, its the healthiest. So if we don`t beat ourselves, and Ben improves just a little, because our offense isn`t centered around having to have an explosive passing game, we will win the AFCN, the AFC and the fifth ring.

:iagree: Couldnt have said it better myself cleve... but no fair bringing the obvious into it :rofl: