Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers needed for a speedy recovery (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15432)

steelerbackr4life 03-04-2007 06:38 PM

Prayers needed for a speedy recovery

All well wishes and prayers are appreciated for my speedy recovery from a broken leg I recieved playing ice hockey. :dang:

BOXCAR JOEY 03-04-2007 07:06 PM

Re: Prayers needed for a speedy recovery

hey get well and don't worry you'll be back on the ice before you know it, but in the mean time i suggest investing in an xbox 360

floodcitygirl 03-04-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life (Post 224651)
All well wishes and prayers are appreciated for my speedy recovery from a broken leg I recieved playing ice hockey. :dang:

So sorry to hear that. Hope your recoop is quick and as painfree as possible. At least you'll have more time for posting! Take care. :smile:

SteelShooter 03-04-2007 07:29 PM

Get to feeling better Bro! We just aren't as nimble as we used to be, eh! I know I'm not....

Either way, get better soon.

Stainless Steel 03-04-2007 07:32 PM

Here's wishing and praying for a speedy recovery.

steelerbackr4life 03-05-2007 01:33 PM

Thank You everyone. Someone upstairs likes me. I just returned from my Ortho Doctor and although I do have a broken proximal fibula bone (it is the small bone that runs along the back of the leg ) it will not require a cast and I can walk on it. He said usually the knee blows out completely with the type of injury I have.The only thing I have to do is rest and not over do anything. I go back in 2 weeks to make sure everything is healing ok.

Which is good because opening day in the Bronx is exactly 4 weeks away!

Preacher 03-05-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Sorry.. but... :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

Let me explain..

I decided a couple years ago to get back out on the ice after 15 years of not playing hockey (I grew up playing) What happened you asked? Well, the first time, I was literally laying on the bench gasping for breath.

two months later, I tried to stop and heard a massive POP in my groin muscle. I went down like I was hit by a bullet. Just a pulled muscle the doctors said! I was out for 2 months.

5 months later, I was playing, and I took a slap shot off my inner leg. It went numb from my knee to my foot. the puck seperated my nerve, and I still have a numb spot a year and a half later. Needless to say, I ended up back back in the X-ray room from that!

After that, my wife said NO MORE!

So now, she let me go buy new golf clubs!

I hope you feel better. But maybe like me, you should pick up golfing!

polamalufan43 03-05-2007 04:59 PM

Ahhh, many injuries, many stories...kinda like the time a pulled some tendon by my knee while playing soccer with a few friends.
In any case, hope you get better and thanks be to God that it wasn't as serious as it could have been.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal 03-05-2007 08:56 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, steelerbackr4life and hope that your recovery is prompt and successful! Keep your chin up, kiddo, and think positive. I'll be sending good vibes your way! :hug:

83-Steelers-43 03-06-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

I've been there brother playing the same sport (two bones in ankle, went feet first in boards going for puck in corner at full speed). Wasn't it fun when they were pulling off your skate? Talk about seeing red.

Stay off it and get better soon. :thumbsup: